Halo Multiplayer unable to join after update

Discussion in 'Games' started by zen69, Sep 4, 2006.

1. zen69 macrumors newbie

zen69

Hi all,

Halo: 1.0.2

Using a legitimate copy of Halo, I can join/create multiplayer games. However, after I upgrade the core application to any higher version (tried 1.03, 1.51, 1.52), I cannot join/create any multiplayer games.

I can see all the other games in my gamespy list, but when I select one and click Join Game, nothing happens. Same thing goes when I try to create my own multiplayer game via Internet.

When I revert the core application to 1.02, everything goes back to normal.

Has anyone experienced this issue?

PS: My original Halo CD has been inserted in my mac.

TIA.

2. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

Tried updating to OS 10.4.7? Situation sounds weird because I think 1.52 is the only one that will let you play with people online because that's what other people are running. But if you say 1.02 returns it to normal I'm pretty stumped. Tried a re-installation?

3. zen69 thread starter macrumors newbie

zen69

Thanks for the reply, BlizzardBomb

I haven't tried installing 10.4.7 as of yet - My iMac G5 is not dual-core, so I thought I haven't had a real need to install 10.4.7...

When I run 1.02, I can play normally but of course, the number of visible servers is pretty much limited to minimal compared to what I see when I launch 1.52.

I tried reinstalling a few times to no avail.

4. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

I recommend the update anyway. While it probably won't help your situation, it's always nice to have the latest one.

Now back to your problem. When you say nothing happens, does it quit the game (return you to desktop) or something else? Also have you played multiplayer before?

5. zen69 thread starter macrumors newbie

zen69

When I click on Join Game, literally nothing happens. It doesn't quit the application. Same thing for creating my own server via Internet. When I click on Create Game, literally nothing happens.

Yes, I have been playing multiplayer no problem using 1.02.

6. AnthonyKinyon macrumors regular

I still suggest upgrading to Mac OS X 10.4.7 - it has many updates/improvements/bug fixes, etc. that have nothing to do with your CPU being dual core or not.

7. zen69 thread starter macrumors newbie

zen69

I will do so and let you know if it fixes it later.

Thanks.

8. zen69 thread starter macrumors newbie

zen69

OK, here's an update.

I updated my OS to 10.4.7 just now and there's no change with 1.52 - still unable to join any multiplayer games or create my own multiplayer game via Internet.

I should probably do a complete uninstallation including all the related preference files - which files should I pay attention in order to perform a complete uninstallation of the game?

PS: just to be sure I'm doing this halo update application right, I can bypass all the previous updater versions and simply install 1.52 to upgrade the original 1.02 version, correct?

9. zen69 thread starter macrumors newbie

zen69

After removing the IP address I had entered under Advanced Multiplayer Options, everything started working fine with 1.52.

Thanks for your time!

10. zen69 thread starter macrumors newbie

zen69

PS:

In order to create my own multiplayer game via Internet, I will need to enter my IP in the Advanced Multiplayer Option.

If I don't enter any, then the IP naturally becomes the local area address and I don't think my games will be visible to other players over the Internet, will it?