Halo Multiplayer

Discussion in 'Games' started by aznspyder, Apr 26, 2006.

1. aznspyder macrumors member

I was thinking of buying Halo for my Mac and was wondering if there are a lot of people playing this online. I don't want to buy this, go online, and find only two servers, so if somebody can let me know about this I would really appreciate it.

2. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

As far as I know, Halo is still pretty popular...

Please, don't tell me you are going to buy Halo just for multiplayer :eek:

3. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

i love playing the demo version - you may also know me as thestringer

4. jaxstate macrumors 6502a

Yes Halo is still popular. And if you are buying it just for the multiplayer, it's worth it. It was the most fun I had for 4 months for a mere 50 bucks.

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I'd buy Halo 2 just for the multiplayer, maybe. But Halo 1's single player is purely awesome. Multiplayer too. There's little wrong with Halo 1.

6. tag macrumors 6502a

tag

Oh there are still tons and tons of people playing Halo online. Personally I bought it just for the multiplayer part (after having played the demo online) and I have to say it was totally worth it. I mean I still played through the game after I bought it, and it was fun, but the main reason was the online multiplayer play. There are always servers up and running, and alot of them (with alot of people, the usual is 16 players max per server, though some are less). Though I do have to say most of the servers are set up as CTF servers, not nearly as many are slayer/oddball/racing/kingofthehill servers, though I personally like the CTF servers better anyways.

Has anyone here been playing on the Snipers Dream Team modded servers? There's something about using a snipersrifle that shoots tank shells that just makes the game that much more interesting. :D Plus the pistols are more accurate, and you can throw granades farther, plus tons of teleporting points. It adds a whole new level to the game.

7. Atlasland macrumors 6502

Seconded.

8. muffinman macrumors 6502

muffinman

does anyone know where i can get a demo copy of halo?
    will the demo copy allow multiplayer (oh by the way, a demo copy for PC.....dont kill me)

9. tag macrumors 6502a

tag

We won't kill you for wanting it for your PC, though we will for you not bothering to look this up yourself. :rolleyes: A quick google search for 'Halo PC demo' resulted in page after page of results, all with the demo on them.

take your pick, google has dozens more too
    (the file is 131MB)

here
    or here
    hey look, ya can get it here too
    well I'll be, another link
    look at that, another one, an endless supply :p

As for the other question, it does allow multiplayer, but you only get to play in one level, Blood Gulch. It's pretty fun, but I personally got bored of it after about a month and went out and bought the full game. The extra levels are so worth it.

10. savar macrumors 68000

savar

I dunno, I never really like Halo matchmaking even before Halo 2 came out. I can't imagine there are many games to find out there.

Out of curiosity, why don't you want to play Halo 2 multiplayer? The physics in the latest version are very similar to Halo: CE and they've evened out the combat by removing the unfairly strong pistol. My only gripes are that I don't think there's anyway to make the Warthogs indestructible, and of course they made Blood Gulch much less fun.

11. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

If they release a UA then I'll agree with you.