halo online download?

Discussion in 'Games' started by isus, Sep 9, 2004.

1. isus macrumors regular

ok... i want halo for osx. but i don't want to buy the boxed version. is there anyone who sells it online for immediate download?

i have a 1MB/s connection, so i might as well use it, right? :p

2. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

No one sells it online because you need the CD in the drive to play it, and because they don't want to distribute CD Keys online.

3. isus thread starter macrumors regular

darn.

do any retail game stores carry mac games? like, what store would i be able to walk into and pick up a mac game? the closest apple store is quite a ways away and i have no real way to get there.

4. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

You usally have to buy special versions of the game to run it without the disk. I didn't even know you could buy games online and then downloading them to your harddrive.

5. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

Maybe CompUSA. Just loook at GoGamer.com for their Mac games. They have the best prices I've found, and quick shipping. Also, Inside Mac Games has pretty good prices and by buying through them you directly support a Mac gaming site.

6. applekid macrumors 68020

Either buy it online, or go to a CompUSA.

The closest one I can think of is in Columbia is the one at Columbia Crossing, if you know where that is. Check CompUSA.com to find the closest store.

7. isus thread starter macrumors regular