Halo question...

Discussion in 'Games' started by dave1234, Oct 25, 2004.

1. dave1234 macrumors regular

Just got back from the apple store, and picked up halo, installed it (20 inch iMac, 1.25 G) and when i try and open it Halo opens...for like 3 seconds. then it quits...with no message or anything. Pllease help.

2. mishi macrumors regular

mishi

This happened to me when i copied it of a friends mac instead of from a cd.
    I think it is becuase halo needs to "copy additional files" from the cd.
    So just try re-installing it and letting the installer go for a bit after it has finsihed installing, it sould say halo need to copy files and when that finishes is sould work.
    (and be sure to restart after it has finished copying the additional files and said "halo installation complete")

3. hjhhjh macrumors member

are you sure u bought that game? because that is a mechanism used for a copied dmg fiel , to stop the user frum playing the iligal version

4. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

if you've got a DMG or whatever, there are some extra shader files or something that need to be copied over. i'm pretty sure it's been discussed here before. just do a search, copy the files over, and it should all be sweet. :cool: at least, it worked for me. ;)

[​IMG]

5. CincinnatusBean macrumors newbie

Another Halo question…

I dont own an xbox, or any consul. You all know that after the initial success with the xbox version of halo they made a pc version then they made a mac version, which is when i got in.
    The question is, how long did it take for them to take to make a mac version from the xbox one? …and if any one thinks that greed will over rule microsuck's hatred of apples enough for them to let bungie license a mac version of halo2?

"I would have to ask the questioner. I haven't had a chance to ask the questioners the question they've been questioning".-G.W. Bush
    Re-defeat Bush!

6. sparky76 macrumors regular

Bungie originally started developing Halo for the Mac, and then were bought by Microsoftso, while I'm not sure how long the port took, it was probably part-done anyway and would not be a fair comparison for future ports.