Halo shaders

Discussion in 'Games' started by timmac, Jun 21, 2006.

1. timmac macrumors member

I received Halo for a Father's Day present. Yes, I know it has to run under Rosetta on my Intel iMac, but the demo ran acceptably.

Once it was installed, I tried running Halo. The splash screen appeared, and then the screen went black and Halo quit. According to MacSoft's FAQ, the cure for this is to copy the "shaders" folder from the CD. Only, when I open the CD in finder, all I see is the mac installer and some installers for various video cards. Anyone know where the "shaders" folder is on that CD?

2. realityisterror macrumors 65816

realityisterror

On my CD, it's in /Halo/shaders :)
    Try changing your view to Column view if you don't see it. The custom background might be hiding it.

After you've done that, try updating to the latest version from MacSoft's site. I believe it's 1.5.2

3. Soulstorm macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

Yeah, Halo's performance is total crap on earlier versions, plus, some graphics cards are not supported, and some shaders are not there.

If you want your graphics card to be supported, and the performance increased approx 75% (no kidding ) you must download the latest Halo version...