halo trial

Discussion in 'Games' started by istonedu321, Dec 10, 2005.

1. istonedu321 macrumors member

istonedu321

anybody know where i can download a working halo trial torrent, or a site that has the halo torrent in a language other than french. Want to try it out on mac before i dish out the bills for it. thanks.

2. crachoar macrumors 6502a

Let me save you the time:

It's not worth it. Get a used Xbox instead.

3. tag macrumors 6502a

tag

Unless you want to play multiplayer. I got the Halo Demo a few months back, and got hooked on the multiplayer aspect, it made me layout the cash(like 30 bucks I think it was) for the full version just to get the other levels. And if you get the full version update patch, there are tons of multiplayer servers up, so there is always fun to be had. For me it was worth it, I'd rather pay 30$ for the mac game, which graphic wise isnt too bad especially if you have a newer mac (just got to get used to using so many buttons), than layout the cash for an XBOX and 1 game.

But hey the demo in itself is pretty fun, and thats whats its there for, try before you buy. :D

4. istonedu321 thread starter macrumors member

istonedu321

i already have it for xbox, i wanna get it for my ibook so that i can play it on my train ride to school, and then just so i can play it in my room.

5. risc macrumors 68030

risc

IMO it's a horrible port I tried the demo on my dual G5 and the frame rate was shocking (9800XT) I'm downloading it at the moment to check it out on the new video card I got (6800 Ultra DDL). Definitely try before you buy.

6. istonedu321 thread starter macrumors member

istonedu321

i downloaded the demo and it loaded the zip file to my desktop. i double click that and stuffit says it is opening it. then nothing happens. anybody know how to open this.

7. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

if it is a zip then use bombarchiver which is built into the OS

8. istonedu321 thread starter macrumors member

istonedu321

it tells me that the operation is not permitted. i dont know why it would say this as i am the administrator on my mac?any ideas

9. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

While I must agree that Halo is best played on the Xbox, it is still nice to be able to play it on the go (iBook G4) or when I am at my desk (Power Mac G5). :)

10. Megatron macrumors regular

Do you find the FPS acceptable on your ibook? What are your settings?