halo UB on macbook pro

Discussion in 'Games' started by bearbo, Oct 12, 2006.

1. bearbo macrumors 68000

Jul 20, 2006
    hm.. okay, i don't know what did i do wrong... i have a macbook pro 17" with 2GB of memory, i installed halo UB, and it runs very badly... at not the highest settings... here's the setting:

can someone help me determine what went wrong?
  2. ericsthename macrumors regular

Apr 13, 2005
    Vancouver BC
    Hey man,

I read a bit about the UB version of Halo on Inside Mac Games. In short, the UB runs very poorly. Even a mac pro only got 30 some odd fps, whereas with the PPC version, a G5 was getting nearly 70. I have the UB and a MBP 15 and it runs just above my standards for playability.

Its better than rosetta, but not by much. I think this game is way way better on xbox than computer. Kind of crappy, because I went out and got a wired 360 controller to sort of authenticate the gameplay on computer. Oh well, Im sure I'll use it for something else - at least once when the batteries died in the wireless 360 ones :)

So I guess you can rest assured that it's not your 2700 dollar laptop that can't run a game from 5-6 years ago... hahaha
  3. apfhex macrumors 68030

Aug 8, 2006
    Northern California
    The Halo UB is terrible from my short experience (I couldn't play it past the first "level", some things were broken and the framerate was unplayable in some spots).
  4. bearbo thread starter macrumors 68000

Jul 20, 2006
    i still think mine is abnormally bad.. it's not playable, the frame refresh maybe once AT MOST twice per second...