Hamilton Signs for McLaren 2007

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by R.Youden, Nov 24, 2006.

1. R.Youden macrumors 68020

R.Youden

I know there are a few F1 fans on here so I though you may be interested to know that Lewis Hamilton has been confirmed as the partner of two times world champion Fernando Alonso at McLaren for 2007. See Autosport

Great news for the kid, I hope he does well. I just hope that there is not too much pressure on him as McLaren need a good result next year but the best I can see them finishing is third with Ferrari 1st and Honda 2nd.

Maybe this is one of the young guys who gets all the attention from a very young age who will actually achieve something. A bit like Tiger Woods or Wayne Rooney.

2. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

3. Max Payne macrumors 6502a

I hope the British media won't destroy him. Why can't they just leave him or others alone? :mad:

I like Jenson. He is a great driver. I just hope he gets a chance with a great team. He is definitely better than Alonso. I am an Alonso hater. :D

Hope Hamilton will do good in MacLaren.

Wayne Rooney! The Man. U. Wayne Rooney?! Come on man. What did Wayne achieve? He did not score for england for a year. He is nothing. England has so much more talent. Good damn the media, they made a hero from Rooney.

4. R.Youden thread starter macrumors 68020

R.Youden

Why not? For the second half of the season I think Alonso and Schui only scored about 5 more points than Jenson. Now there is no Schui and I doubt Alonso will hit it off straight away his main threats will be Massa and Kimi. Plus they have two top line drivers, only Ferrari can say the same. back to the days of 2004 with consistant points finishes, plus they (eventually) have a headstart with the new 2007 reg engines.

5. R.Youden thread starter macrumors 68020

R.Youden

I know Rooney isnt in great form, but he has achieved a lot. The media built him up but he hasn't fallen like so many. Yet!

6. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

Well... I don't think ive laughed as much in my life.

Button? A Good driver? Please. Wow, ive drove 130+ GPs and won one, because I'm british I'm ace... I think not! He's ****e!

Rooney? Just because hes not scoring, doesn't mean hes not a good player, and there is not a more talented English forward. None of the 'talented' England players perform for their coutry.

Gerrard, Lampard (not that I would say hes good), Robinson, Crouch, the list goes on. For me (As a Man Utd fan) the only decent performer for England is John Terry, and when he stays fit possibly Gary Neville... You my friend should maybe watch Rooney for Man Utd, he is sublime.

7. R.Youden thread starter macrumors 68020

R.Youden

I know this isnt a Button thread but I must say that people really do not realise how good a driver he is. OK he isnt a Schumacher or an Alonso but he is, without a doubt the best British driver for a long time. He is very consisitent, he line is always the same and he very rarely makes a mistake, unlike Alonso, Schumacher and kimi. I agree he has driven over 130GP, but how many have been in a competative car. Everyone said that Rubens would show him up but there was only one race this year when Button was out driven. Remeber Barichello has been a team mate of Schumacher for some 6 seasons so he knows how to drive a car and with 9 races, often outdriving Schumacher.

Button and Honda WILL be challenging for the championship next season.

8. Max Payne macrumors 6502a

Button is great. Rooney is *****. (my opinion). I've been a Man U fan since 1997, but I stopped supporting it last year. Now I am looking for a decent team to support.

John Terry is *****. He is only a good player because the media said so, otherwise he is *****.

Scholes was a great player in his old days. Beckam, although not a great player, but a good fighter and team player. Gerrard is a decent player. All other players are either ignored by the media or *****.

P.S. I am biased against Rooney. Whenever I see his face, I change the channel.
    P.P.S. I am not british.

9. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

Is this official? Yesterday I heard they were thinking of signing Mika on again:eek: That was all lies. Anyways who the hell is this guy anyways? Will he be no.2 driver after Alonso and...Won't he make alonso look kinda amateur. Finally: What happened to Montoya?

McLaren is the best F1 team ever. they are so awesome IMO!

10. R.Youden thread starter macrumors 68020

R.Youden

Montoya had a "tennis" accident. The problem is he was playing tennis on a motor bike at the time...

11. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

Oh yes, I forgot about that. Man I was laughing. Actually I was ROFLing! but will he be back with the team next year sometime?

12. Chris Bangle macrumors 6502a

Joe Cole, what a guy. I hope Hamilton doesnt become the next theo walcott. They may over publisice him just like theyve done with button. Button and walcott had too much publicity. But its nice to have a black driver in F1 and its nice that he drives for mclaren. good luck to him..

montoya was sucha character... what a guy

Oh i like webber aswell because he was on top gear, what a guy.

13. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

14. R.Youden thread starter macrumors 68020

R.Youden

Can't stand the heat, get out the kitchen :cool:

15. iTwitch macrumors 6502a

iTwitch

Is Alonso the new Schumacher. :)

16. R.Youden thread starter macrumors 68020

R.Youden

No, he's not good enough.