Handbrake and B&W TV Shows

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by From A Buick 8, Jan 20, 2011.

1. macrumors 68030

From A Buick 8

I have had great luck using HB on my movies and most of my TV shows. I am not starting to encode some of my older black and white shows (The Andy Griffith Show) and i am not sure i am using the best settings.

I have been using the High Profile setting, and i tried the AppleTV preset. Both result in a file that just does not look as good as i would like.

2. thread starter macrumors 68030

From A Buick 8

No old TV show fans

3. macrumors 6502

Are you using the same settings as you do for your other rips? If so, this would suggest that the problem lies with your source files, not with Handbrake.

4. thread starter macrumors 68030

From A Buick 8

Yes same settings as the encodes of newer " color" programs. the source dvd's look good. Have not been able to play the ripped file (video TS folder) on the ATV

5. macrumors 6502a

Are you selecting Default for the Decomb Filter? That can make a big difference with old TV shows.

6. thread starter macrumors 68030

From A Buick 8

I have Ben using the high profile preset, and I think it has the decomb filter, but I will check

7. macrumors 6502a

Unless something has changed, I don't think the presets will save the Decomb Filter setting.

8. thread starter macrumors 68030

From A Buick 8

Using the High Profile preset, the video filters show as being Detelecine (default - Decomb (Default)