Handbrake not displaying all sections...

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by tdk320, Jan 28, 2011.

  1. macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 29, 2009
    #1
    I'm trying to convert Deja Vu for my ATV2 and Handbrake isn't displaying all of the available video sections for conversion. As most should know, HB automatically selects the longest file runtime by default first - my longest section by runtime is only 8 minutes? I can put the DVD (a back-up) in my DVD player or play via my Mac and it plays the whole thing just fine.

    Any takers on what's up?
     
  2. simsaladimbamba

    Joined:
    Nov 28, 2010
    Location:
    located
    #2
  3. thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 29, 2009
    #3
    The DVD's already ripped to TS on my HD.

    And as far as default title selections go, we've done something different in HB then...my HB ALWAYS selects to the longest title section first - whether it be title 1 or 15 of 32. I've converted ~300 DVDs over the past few months and I can't think of one time it hasn't done this.

    Any other takers?
     
  4. tdk320, Jan 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2011

    thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 29, 2009
    #4
    By the way...love your name. No Eggs!!!




    **Happy now? Not a rookie to boards - thanks for throwin' the book at me!
     
  5. simsaladimbamba

    Joined:
    Nov 28, 2010
    Location:
    located
    #5
    Sorry, I mistook "select" for "display". I just tried it and the latest version (I used version 0.7x in 2005/6/7) automatically selects the longest title, even if it is the last title.

    Btw, with what application did you rip? Maybe the files are corrupted or there is some new kind of copy protection scheme involved.
    Have you looked at the .vob files and confirmed, that several are around 1,073,739,776 bytes?


    Thanks.
    What have "eggs" to do with my name? I associate it with cuckoos and hunters.


    Btw, to quote someone, just press the [​IMG] button.

    To quote several posts, use the [​IMG] button (multi-quote).

    To edit your posts, use the [​IMG] button.

    All these buttons are on the bottom right of the posts.

     
  6. thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 29, 2009
    #6
    I ripped and burned this dvd all the way back in '07 and have watched it a few times since. I doubt it's a copy protection issue, but who knows? I think back then I was using MacTheRipper. I ripped the disc back to my HD tonight with DVD2OneX2. This is the same method I've used for hundreds of discs and this is the first time this has popped up.

    I should also mention, just for experimental purposes, I converted the movie using the most recent version of Toast to see if that would take it and it worked without a hitch. I don't like Toast's results so stopping with this method is out of the question.

    I think I'll try a pass through RipIt next and see what happens.
     
  7. thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 29, 2009
    #7
    Hmm...missed connection I suppose. Download "Die Eier Von Satan" by Tool - then you'll understand.
     
  8. macrumors 601

    tbayrgs

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2009
    Location:
    Florida, USA
    #8
    I occasionally had the same problem with encodes (usually was a Disney/Pixar film) of my DVD rips using RipIt. In those cases, I would identify the correct title by playing the movie using DVD Player, then encode using Handbrake directly from the DVD (must have VLC installed) by identifying the specific title from the source using File > Open Source (Title Specific) and inputting the previously identified Title number. Ripped a few hundred DVDs and probably had to do this maybe 10 times and it never failed. BTW, all of this was done on a Mac.
     
  9. thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 29, 2009
    #9
    A pass through RipIt did the trick...Problem solved :D
     

Share This Page