Handbrake not working properly

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Felldownthewell, Jun 18, 2006.

1. Felldownthewell macrumors 65816

Felldownthewell

I leave tommorow morning for Europe, and I am trying to back up a few of my DVDs onto my computer so that I can watch them off the HDD. In the past I have just used Handbrake and everything has been fine and dandy.
    However, on my last few tries (The Godfather Pt. III box edition and Freedomland) Handbrake will get a few tenths of a percent into a task then suddenly skip to the next task, then skips that one. When I look at the video it gives me it is just about the first 2 minutes or so.

My settings look like this:

[​IMG]

Can anyone think of what I am doing wrong? I leave tommorow at 5am West Coast time, so this is rather urgent. Ideas?

2. brbubba macrumors 6502

brbubba

In my experience Handbrake will crapout on some discs with copy protection or read errors. You might try ripping it with mactheripper and then converting that folder.

3. Felldownthewell thread starter macrumors 65816

Felldownthewell

I thought so too- so I tried MTR and got a message saying "Bad VOB Sectors"

Google didn't provide me a clear explanation but I gathered enough that I should probably hit "Pad VOB". Which I did. Which crashed OS X. Its odd, I just tried Handbrake again with Aeon Flux, and it seems to be working... is it possible the disks I am using are scratched? In the case of The Godfather both Pts. I and II worked, so it might be that Pt. III is scratched...? Then Freedomland could be copy-protected...I guess I'll try it again. Anybody know what a bad VOB sector means/is?

4. thumb macrumors 6502

i would second trying mac the ripper first (or even only if you have the room for 4-5 GB files) then converting.

you also might try limiting the file size.