Handbrake on Intel Macs

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by R.Youden, Jul 4, 2006.

1. R.Youden macrumors 68020

Apr 1, 2005
    Hi. Has anyone here tried handbrake on Intel macs, preferably on a MB or MBP? I am tempted to get rid of my two computers in my sig and get a good MBP and I am only part way through my DVD collection.

2. risc macrumors 68030

Jul 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    Handbrake works great on my MacBook Pro, it is HEAPS (and I mean HEAPS) faster than my old Power Mac dual G5 when using Handbrake.
  3. comictimes macrumors 6502a

Jun 20, 2004
    Berkeley, California
    I second risc... On my old powerbook it would take 3-3.5 hours to rip a dvd in acceptable quality now it takes about 40 minutes, for acceptable quality, and maybe 1.5 hours for great quality
  4. j26 macrumors 65832

Mar 30, 2005
    That's me sold. I'm in the process of ripping my (60 or so) DVDs on a PowerBook and it's painful encoding h264 - about 6 hours per DVD.

Even if it takes 2 hours or so, I can get 4 done every night rather than the one I currently get. I currently get a max of 2 a day, meaning it will take a month of serious processing to get them done rather than 3-4 days with a MacBook.

(Plans trip to get new mac this weekend - and excuse that wife will accept to get one)