Handbrake on intel

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by zep&mac92, Oct 19, 2006.

1. zep&mac92 macrumors newbie

I used to always rip DVDs onto my iPod with handbrake on my iBook. When I got an iMac I tried to rip the Who movie "The Kids Are Alright" (If you like the who and haven't seen it get it now). Since I have a 500 gig hard drive I tried to import it at 100%. When it is done Handbrake quits but no error message comes up. I ripped parts of the movie at full quality and they worked fine. I tried canceling at the last second but that didn't work either. I also went back to my iBook and tried to do it (where it imported at 7 frames per second and took 6 hours). The same thing happened. This led me to believe it was the DVD. I tried V For Vendetta, same thing. Anyone else have this problem or an answer?

2. Indydenny macrumors 6502

Indydenny

I don't know why it is so . . .
    but if you set the quality at 98% it will finish without problems (at least for me it does) but does not work at 100%.

Someone can probably explain why it is so.

Indydenny

3. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

I can, but I'm not gonna:D

4. DXoverDY macrumors 6502a

Email the author..

5. zep&mac92 thread starter macrumors newbie

Already tried it

I have already tried 98%, 50%, and 1,000 kbs. None of them work. I also re-downloaded handbrake. I'm going to try to set the target size somewhere from 1,000 to 5,000. Another weird thing is that other titles on the DVD work fine at every setting. Any other things you guys can think of?

6. DXoverDY macrumors 6502a

The best bet is to actually email the author as i said. You're just getting users responding here. The guy that wrote the application may know a bug exists, or may not know and thus you can help get the problem fixed if you email him.

You'll likely get a better explaination from him as well as to why it isn't working or what you can do to get it to work. You're just wasting your time asking us here. We don't know why it's doing that.

7. the kid 05 macrumors regular

St. Charles Illinois (subdiv of Chi-town)
    ill try and rip a movie at 100% for you, i have a mac pro so i will be using the intel chips as well. ill report back in a half an hour or so

8. the kid 05 macrumors regular

St. Charles Illinois (subdiv of Chi-town)
    done, well i was a while ago, it worked great, ripped Doom to the HDD