Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Outkast27

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 16, 2012
Earf
Is there a way to add a list of video files for handbrake to convert them to mp4? As of now it looks like I have to add one file at a time. Thanks.

Spink10

Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma
Is there a way to add a list of video files for handbrake to convert them to mp4? As of now it looks like I have to add one file at a time. Thanks.

You can add them to the queue - when one is finished it goes to the next one. Is that what you mean?

Outkast27

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 16, 2012
Earf
You can add them to the queue - when one is finished it goes to the next one. Is that what you mean?

yes, that is what I mean. When I click add to que it asks me if I want to overwrite the current file that is being converted, I dont believe I want to do that, correct?

Spink10

Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma
yes, that is what I mean. When I click add to que it asks me if I want to overwrite the current file that is being converted, I dont believe I want to do that, correct?

Weird - I just tested it again - When I hit add to queue - it adds it - no message at all. When I view queue it is #2 in line.

Outkast27

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 16, 2012
Earf
After I click add to que it asked if I want to overwrite the existing file. Im not sure what Im doing wrong.

Mackilroy

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2006
Sounds like you need to rename each file so they aren't all 'Movie' or whatever the default is for what you're converting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.