Handbrake question

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Oneness, Nov 6, 2008.

1. macrumors regular

So I used Handbrake to encode several TV Shows using the Apple TV preset. I don't know why but some of the shows will load on my iPhone and some won't.:( No problem, I thought, I'll just use Handbrake again to encode using the iPod preset, but Handbrake says that it is not a valid source. So I used iTunes instead to make an iPhone version, but unlike Handbrake that encoded it in about 45 min. iTunes took 5+ hours!!!:eek:
    Any ideas on getting Handbrake to re-encode something that it has already encoded? Or any ideas on making iTunes encode faster?
    Thanks

2. macrumors 65816

Are you trying to use Handbrake to encode an mp4 that you already encoded, or the VIDEO_TS volume you ripped? Handbrake won't work with mp4 files. So you'll need to re-do the DVD.

By the way, the Apple TV preset uses some advanced features that breaks iPod/iPhone compatibility. If you want it to work on both devices, use one of the iPod presets and bump up the bit rate if you like.

3. macrumors member

Try the latest snap shop version of Handbrake, this can open "files" rather than just the video_ts folders etc..

Works great for me.