HandBrake -- Subtitle and Audio Tracks Labeled Incorrectly

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by EyeAmLuv, Nov 26, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

I recognized a few movies with incorrectly labeled subtitle and audio tracks.

Two examples:

My copy of "Miracolo a Milano" doesn't have an English audio track -- it's Italian language only.

My copy of "Bringing Up Baby" doesn't have an English subtitle track -- it's German, apparently.

It's probably due to carelessness during the DVD production process. Is there a way to fix those labels in HandBrake or elsewhere in order for them to show the correct language?

2. thread starter macrumors newbie

3. macrumors 68020

Yes, many dvd's are mastered poorly. On mac you can use subler to change the subtitle language, its written by ritsuka who is a long time HB dev that wrote subler to add functionality that HB does not have, imo a most excellent tool. In fact in HB I have all of my finished encodes passed right off to subler for further post processing.

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. Subler definitely seems like a useful tool, however, I'm using iDentify as it better serves my needs and preferences. Can I have subler to fix the labels subsequently, like, now that the files are in my library already, or will they be at risk of getting messed up? What I don't want any app to do is to re-write the movie files, like MetaX does. That's totally uncool and unnecessary. I want to leave them untouched, apart from the one task itself. Apple should really work on iTunes' tagging abilities!