Handbrake suddenly stops working?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dejection2008, Feb 20, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

For some reason Handbrake stopped working for me today. The only changes I have made to my computer were the installation of an external hard drive, namely the WP passport 160 gb hard drive and I set the preferences in Itunes to Burn audio cd. otherwise handbrake was working excellently yesterday. Now whenever I click the application it appears in dock for about 3 seconds then disappears. I have deleted and reinstalled it about 5 times already and it does the same thing each time. Help me out please.

2. macrumors member

If you haven't already done so, also make sure to delete

~/Library/Preferences/org.m0k.handbrake.plist

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

I have done all this but it still only briefly appears in my dock before disappearing again. What else can I do? How could this be related to the external hard drive?

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Actually. WOW when I reinstalled the program it didn't generate a handbrake .plist. I look everywhere but it is not to be found on my computer. Why would this be the case?

5. macrumors 6502

If you're on Leopard there's a new version out, released in the last few days. Try updating to that.

6. thread starter macrumors newbie

Actually the problem was that i downloaded the leopard version. But when i download the tiger version again, it opens but none of the functions are highlighted, nor does it allow me to load up any disc images.

7. thread starter macrumors newbie

The problem was that the 'open source' function was spontaneously disabled by the program itself! I had to go to preferences to select it again!