Handbrake

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by ET iPhone Home, Dec 29, 2012.

1. macrumors 68030

ET iPhone Home

Guys,

Please help. So I'm trying to use Handbrake on my PC. I recall when I originally installed HB on my MB Air, it linked me to a required file, something like lssd or llsd something. I thought after the HB installation on my PC, it would link me to it again like it did on my MBA, but it didn't. Does here anyone know that link?

I know you need HB + VLC + ? (lssd or llsd) for it to work.

Thanks guys!!!!!!

2. macrumors 603

blueroom

Only on OSX. On a PC you need something like AnyDVD.

3. thread starter macrumors 68030

ET iPhone Home

Oh OK. So HB does not work at all on a PC? According to the site, they had one specifically for PC, maybe, I was wrong. Thanks!!!!

4. macrumors 603

blueroom

Handbrake works fine on a PC. But you've still got the copy protection on the DVD to deal with.

5. thread starter macrumors 68030

ET iPhone Home

Ok thanks again, any suggestions on how to make it work since HB works on a Mac? Otherwise, it's ok. I'm heading to Australia tomorrow night and wanted to back up some of these HBO DVD Shows I got for Christmas and two other movies. I didn't want to have to take the DVDs along with me plus the external dvd drive since my PC is a Sony Z without optical drive. Thanks!!!!!

Is anyDVD an app I need to install to my PC for HB to work? Sorry for being a novice at this.

6. macrumors 603

blueroom

You need to install SlySoft's AnyDVD (paid program). DVDFab might also work.

7. thread starter macrumors 68030

ET iPhone Home

Alright. Thanks again. Will try it. Otherwise, I'll just take my MBA. The MBA travels much heavier than my 2.4lb Vaio Z which is another reason why. Thanks again and Happy New Year.