handle-it lets you get a (MB Pro) handle on the situation

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, May 11, 2006.

1. macrumors bot

Jul 5, 2003
  2. macrumors 6502a

Apr 13, 2006
    :mad: wow that might be the worst thing u can do to a Mac. (besides loading XP on it.). It looks horrible.
  3. macrumors 6502a

Jul 7, 2004
    Not much of a review. There was not really good information besides telling us what it can do. Sounds more like an ad then anything.
  4. macrumors 68020

Oct 14, 2005
  5. macrumors 68000

Over Achiever

Jul 22, 2002
    Toledo, OH, formerly Twin Cities, MN
    This reminds me of the Ti-handle for the Ti-books, the Ti Tote & Tilt, that worked and looked so much better tho'. Since there aren't screws on the hinge, the screws on the bottom of the computer are the next best thing.

6. macrumors 6502

Apr 1, 2005
    Murfreesboro, TN
    a built in handle on the 17 inch wouldnt be a bad idea but i dont know how it would be done cleanly...definitely not with an aftermarket piece
  7. mpw

Jun 18, 2004
    I think I'll market a couple of clasps like these that instead of the hoop have a screw fixing striaght into where the rubber feet are on the 13" Macbook. You could then clip the clasps striaght on to nipple rings and carry your laptop hands-free. Use the front feet positions so you can have the screen open and viewable, ideal for long flights where you want that tray space for plastic food containers.

I'l market a version for the iPod nano too, called the iAlbert:eek:
  8. macrumors 68020

Jul 22, 2003
    Somewhere Else
    I don't think it looks that bad. but it leaves the pristine finish of your lid open for dents and dings.
  9. macrumors newbie

Mar 14, 2005
    I was thinking the same thing. Nothing critcal about it. Doesn't mention how permanent attaching the thing it. And I've never wanted or needed a handle on a notebook. I have an iLap for using my MacBook on my lap, but it stays at home.
  10. Moderator emeritus

Jan 9, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    You're going to carry your Mac by your WHAT? :eek: :eek: :eek: :D

I do remember that, AGES ago, I had a Compaq laptop with a Pentium I / 150MHz, which had feet that popped out of the back like on cheap Windows keyboards (but with slightly more class), as well as an attachable handle. I loved the former but never really had a use for the latter.

I dunno. This one is pretty freaky-deaky. I'm almost thinking that, were you mugged, you could also heft your MBP as a fairly convincing weapon. :eek: :( But it's funny to me that something noted for its use of fine materials would be so aesthetically displeasing....
  11. macrumors G5

May 2, 2002
    Could be useful, but it's a shame they chose leather, and it looks like it might stick out some full-time--annoying in your bag.

(I can't help noticing that products which tilt your keyboard away from you claim to reduce carpal tunnel... and so do products which make a flat-laptop-style keyboard... and so do products that tilt it TOWARD you! I THINK the truth is that towards you--the norm--is worst, away is best, and flat is in the middle. And split/curved helps too.)