hands on with modbook?!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by crazyworld, Mar 21, 2007.

1. crazyworld macrumors member

has anyone had a play with a modbook? [a tablet version of th macbook].. is it any good? does th touchscreen software/power requirements effect performance of th macbook ? does anyone know where i can get a hands on demo of it in th uk? if not, does anyone know when it wil b in th uk ? also can anyone coment on capture one performance ,macbook vs mbp ? significantly slower or not, for tethered shooting ?

thanks!

2. Martin C macrumors 6502a

Martin C

3. Cepe Indicum macrumors regular

Yeah, I've been interested in the ModBook since it launched. I have contacted them about the likelihood of it appearing in the UK, but haven't got a response yet.

The only clue appears to be here: http://www.axiotron.com/index.php?id=order

This shows a 'worldwide availability' in the second half of 2007. Not clear whether this includes the UK though. I'll try contacting them again.

As for your other questions, pass... But hopefully there are others that can enlighten us both!

4. mrthieme macrumors regular

They had better hurry, if Apple does produce anything with a touchscreen the Modbook will be instantly outclassed.

5. crazyworld thread starter macrumors member

init... would get one tomorrow if i could demo one .. useless , prob 6 months b4 can get one.. then th real apple tablet wil only b a few months away..

6. crazyworld thread starter macrumors member

got this reply from modbook peopl.. seems poss to get one in april.. is $2800 or £1400 .. anyone know what uk tax i probably hav to pay on this?

is a lot to pay without demo.. they shud get some demo units out here if they wanna make money!!

"Yes, we do ship internationally and can ship to your country.

The shipping costs for international shipping generally start around $25 and go upwards depending on the weight of the item(s) in question. All orders have 50 cents per hundred dollars after the first $100 to cover insurance cost on the items.

The shipping costs do not include duties and taxes that the courier will collect when the item is delivered. As each country has different duties and taxes we cannot provide an estimate on what those may cost. You will need to contact your local customs office for an estimate of the cost if you wish to get an idea of the charges.

I am not aware of any hands-on demonstrations of the ModBoook scheduled at this time."

7. ChiltonWebb macrumors member

If Apple ships a touchscreen Mac *without pen input*, they will have entirely missed the demographic served by a tablet.

If the ModBook guys had shipped already, they'd have more than a few orders, and at least one from me.

-Chilton