HandStands is offering FREE iSticky Pads, the popular iPod a...

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Dec 12, 2005.

1. devilot Moderator emeritus

May 1, 2005
    The form isn't working for me... it tells me that I need to fill in the field
    but I have already chosen from the drop down menu... :confused:
  2. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

Jul 28, 2003
    Citizens Bank Park
    I get the same error. You know what they say devilot, if it's too good to be true then it probably is.
  3. yippy macrumors 68020

Mar 14, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Same error here to. Ah well.

OH NO, now they have my hotmail address.....oh wait....:rolleyes:
  4. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

Oct 11, 2004
    On the Left Coast - Victoria BC Canada
    O Ya, Sure. Fill in your name and email address before we tell you what it is or who we are...

No adhesives or magnets.

I'm going with either a pack of Wrigley Spearmint Gum (10 uses !) or a blob of glazier's putty, here.

No privacy policy link...

Site would be illegal in Canada, doesn't conform to PIPEDA legislation (disclosure of use of personal information)
  5. blufire macrumors regular

Jul 20, 2002
    Found the problem. The iPod selection form has the wrong ID ("re_ipod" instead of "ipod"). I downloaded the page, changed the ID, and it works (since their form submission has an explicit URL). I've attached the register.html below, just download it, open it, and go ahead. :) (Zipped to conform with valid file attachment extension.) I received an email confirmation that my iSticky Pad would arrive soon. I already emailed them about the problem, so hopefully they'll fix it, but until then, this works too. :)

[Update] They responded and thanked me for pointing it out. It should be fixed now.

Attached Files:

6. jadehsn macrumors newbie

Nov 13, 2004
    Seems to work fine now

Just tried, and it seems to work fine now.
  7. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

Jan 9, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    A friend gave me something that sounds similar for my birthday last year. It's basically like a rubber bath mat for your iPod.... Well, I get the idea, but I've never actually used it. :eek:
  8. ibook30 macrumors 6502a

Jun 4, 2005
    2,000 light years from home
    I too have a similiar product, and do not use it!
    If you have a flat surface in your car that you would like to rest your ipod on- this can be helpful. I have curved surfaces in my vehicle, and no place for the ipod to rest.
  9. gbruner macrumors member

Jun 16, 2004
    Sandy, UT
    Too good to be totally true

Hmmmm... tricky. The email they sent to me was:

"Thank you for registering for your FREE iSticky Pad. Please use the following
    coupon code with your next order to receive your free iSticky Pad.

Add any product and the iSticky Pad to receive this discount."

Nothing free just for registering.

Oh, guess I should have read before I gave my email address.
    "Free with your NEXT purchase. Simply fill out the form below, and enter your
    address on the following page to receive a FREE iSticky Pad with your next order."

Did it say that before? duh...
  10. happy.buddha macrumors member

Jul 18, 2005
    New Hampshire
    My email said...

Thank you for registering for your FREE iSticky Pad. It should arrive shortly. Should you have any questions regarding your registration, feel free to call us at 1-888-228-8987 or e-mail sales@handstands.com.

Don't forget to check out latest iPod accessories at HandStands.com

HandStands Customer Service
  11. devilot Moderator emeritus

May 1, 2005
    Woo hoo! That was fast!

I got mine today. It's just like the ones I've seen in retail stores that sell for some ridiculous price. :D I <3 freebies.
  12. ITASOR macrumors 601

Mar 20, 2005
    Oneida, NY
    I got that one too. Oh well, I never get free things.