HannsG 19" Widescreen TFT Monitor as good as Powerbook screen?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by andyjamesnelson, Oct 6, 2006.

1. macrumors 6502

Aug 24, 2003
    Jacob's house
    Hey, I was owndering what people thought of this monitor? I have ordered a Mac Pro and I need a cheap fill in monitor - I am saving for a proper HD screen - and if I bought the Mac before the 7th of October with education discount I saved £100 on an ipod and that seemed like a deal not to miss.

Anyway when I get a proper monitor I will then have this one as a second usefull dsiplay for palettes and thinsg in PS.

So do people think this monitor is as good as one found on a powerbook - I have a 1.25gig g4 PB.

If I can find a cheap screen thats as good as the PB's then that will be fine for a month before I can get a HD screen.

Please let me know if you have any suggestion. Thanks, Andy.
  2. Ugg
    macrumors 68000

Apr 7, 2003
    I've spent the last two weeks looking at displays and found the Hanns G to have a fuzzy appearance. I saw it at 2 different stores so it wasn't just a one off.

I ended up buying a Sceptre 19" WS DVI 8ms. I love it. I too have a 12"PB G4 1.5 ghz and didn't want to lose any display quality. It's not quite the same as the PB, but the differences are negligible. I bought mine at costco.com for US 179.00
  3. macrumors 603

Aug 15, 2006
    Carlisle, Up Norf!
    If your in the UK, get yourself on Dabs and get the BenQ FP91G+. At £122 for a 19" (Not widescreen) its a steal. I love mine, just don't buy the wrong DVI cable off ebay for it like I just did... :(
  4. thread starter macrumors 6502

Aug 24, 2003
    Jacob's house
    yes I am in the uk.. I will take a look at the one on dabs... anymore suggestions?
  5. macrumors 6502a

Aug 30, 2006
    It's pretty obvious that for that price, you will have to make some comprimises. I'd have a good think about what is important to you and what isn't - size, resolution, brightness, contrast, response time, viewing angle. If you're using PS mainly, maybe good resolution and contrast trump response time and brightness.