HannsG 19" Widescreen TFT Monitor as good as Powerbook screen?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by andyjamesnelson, Oct 6, 2006.

1. macrumors 6502

Hey, I was owndering what people thought of this monitor? I have ordered a Mac Pro and I need a cheap fill in monitor - I am saving for a proper HD screen - and if I bought the Mac before the 7th of October with education discount I saved £100 on an ipod and that seemed like a deal not to miss.

Anyway when I get a proper monitor I will then have this one as a second usefull dsiplay for palettes and thinsg in PS.

So do people think this monitor is as good as one found on a powerbook - I have a 1.25gig g4 PB.

If I can find a cheap screen thats as good as the PB's then that will be fine for a month before I can get a HD screen.

Please let me know if you have any suggestion. Thanks, Andy.

2. Ugg
    macrumors 68000

Ugg

I've spent the last two weeks looking at displays and found the Hanns G to have a fuzzy appearance. I saw it at 2 different stores so it wasn't just a one off.

I ended up buying a Sceptre 19" WS DVI 8ms. I love it. I too have a 12"PB G4 1.5 ghz and didn't want to lose any display quality. It's not quite the same as the PB, but the differences are negligible. I bought mine at costco.com for US 179.00

3. macrumors 603

Markleshark

If your in the UK, get yourself on Dabs and get the BenQ FP91G+. At £122 for a 19" (Not widescreen) its a steal. I love mine, just don't buy the wrong DVI cable off ebay for it like I just did... :(

4. thread starter macrumors 6502

yes I am in the uk.. I will take a look at the one on dabs... anymore suggestions?

5. macrumors 6502a

It's pretty obvious that for that price, you will have to make some comprimises. I'd have a good think about what is important to you and what isn't - size, resolution, brightness, contrast, response time, viewing angle. If you're using PS mainly, maybe good resolution and contrast trump response time and brightness.

David