Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Squire

macrumors 68000
Jan 8, 2003
Canada
Originally posted by Sabbath
I just thinking how cool it would be if instead of releasing some big $$$ dream machine that many are wishing for, they released some cool free software for all their supporters. I know its not going to happen but it would be cool.

Funny you mention that. Do you think .Mac subscribers will get any free goodies?

Squire

MrSmith

macrumors 68040
Nov 27, 2003
Night night

Well, it's just turned the 25th here and I'm off to bed. There better be something good when I wake up. Get your mind out of the gutter!! I'm talking iMac/Cube G5! You know...Hardware. No, I mean...oh...whatever.

:D We'll see

nutonce

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2004
Re: circumstantial evidence

Originally posted by TheWereSloth
Is it just me or was iLife '04 supposed to start shipping with all new Macs? Seems to me they just aren't bothering to update the product profiles because a refresh is imminent.

iLife '04 will be included in all new Macs beginning in early Feb. Until then, all new Mac purchases qualify for the iLife Up-to-Date program ($19.95 shipping and handling).

d.f

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2003
Mmmmmmmmm what's up with Apple..?

as has been said before, i am VERY suprised / dissapointed that there's no acknowledgement on the site....

i'd like to think there delaying it till Tuesday for a 'big suprise'....... but my gut feeling is that as there's nothing to announce, so why draw any more attention to it...

what do ya'll think..?

stevietheb

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2004
Houston
Re: Re: circumstantial evidence

Originally posted by nutonce
iLife '04 will be included in all new Macs beginning in early Feb. Until then, all new Mac purchases qualify for the iLife Up-to-Date program ($19.95 shipping and handling).

When I called and placed my new iBook order on Jan. 19, the lovely sales guy (Franklin) told me that iLife 04 would not be preinstalled, but the disc(s) would be included at no charge.

jero

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2003
happy birthday apple. give me a cube on the 26th and it will be the best birthday ever.

iLilana

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2003
Alberta, Canada
Re: Mmmmmmmmm what's up with Apple..?

Originally posted by d.f
as has been said before, i am VERY suprised / dissapointed that there's no acknowledgement on the site....

i'd like to think there delaying it till Tuesday for a 'big suprise'....... but my gut feeling is that as there's nothing to announce, so why draw any more attention to it...

what do ya'll think..?

steve will start wearing mauve turtlenecks at all keynotes.

true777

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2000
California, Austria, Arkansas
Happy birthday, Mac! I love you!
I want to buy you flowers and eat cake with you!

Alles Gute zum Geburtstag, mein suesser Kleiner!
Ich werde Dir niemals untreu sein.

I'll always love you,

-- true --

Java

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2003
Marin County (where else?)
PC fans must be asleep

Here is a screen shot taken of the poll so far on cnn.com

Attachments

• pict_6.jpg
    pict_6.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 1,713

TranceClubMusic

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2004
Miami, FLorida
Re: Apple dropping the ball?

Originally posted by phillymjs
I thought if nothing else they'd have a nice graphic (maybe the original Mac sporting a party hat or something), on Apple.com to mark the day.

Nope. Still flogging iPod Minis and iLife on the front page.

~Philly

I think is SAD - nothing - and I KNEW that was gonna happen - Monday nothing and Tuesday nothing - getting tired already :(

true777

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2000
California, Austria, Arkansas
I think we should all send a Happy Birthday note at Apple's website ("contact us"), to show them we care, even if they don't themselves.

I just did, in any case.

I was hoping they'd put at least a cool pic on their front page,
a picture of a birthday cake in a Mac-related shape or similar.
Oh well.

brownreese

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2003
Uniontown, Maryland
Resurrect an oldie but goodie...

The "Think Different" campaign is still relevant...especially in today's world where the next wave of generation z (?) youth are questioning and challenging mainstream notions.

But I think the campaign could be freshened:

"Think Different. Be Different."

Forget the microanalysis of Apple's market share. It's about profitability. Personally I think its a priveledge to be part of the core of innovation, great industrial engineering and vertical system integration. I wouldn't trade Apple's market share for anything if it meant compromising any of these components.

natedavis

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2001
SLC, UT
Lets see!

Well, I am glad to see where the Mac has gone. Been a wonderful 20 years. Our company bought a Dual 1.8 on Friday... I am just hoping they don't release new G5s quite yet, or my boss might be a little angry seeing that he just bought a Dual 1.8, and they come out with something better! But, Such is the life of a Mac User :)

TranceClubMusic

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2004
Miami, FLorida
CNN VS APPLE

Its amazing to me how CNN found it more imortant then Apple to talk about the "20th Anniversary" :eek:
I cant tell you disappointed I am - but I guess I will just move on now - Other companies dont celebrate Anniversary's (Intel & Microsoft) so I guess its not a big deal.
This is a Rumore site - so I will just digress back to my comments back in December - when I was told expect nothing till March. :rolleyes:

Awimoway

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2002
California
Re: Resurrect an oldie but goodie...

Originally posted by brownreese
The "Think Different" campaign is still relevant...especially in today's world where the next wave of generation z (?) youth are questioning and challenging mainstream notions.

Oh yeah. That's so new. :rolleyes:

wisco

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2004
should i or shouldnt i

seriously, i was planning on buying an ibook or power book today. i am actually switching believe it or not, although my first real pc was the first mac.

should i buy one today or not? or is there going to be something new on monday and the prices go down?

any ideas?

DanUk2003

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2003
Worthing, UK
Well as we're all an international community, here's how people are wishing the Mac Happy Birthday around the world:

(non-latin based languages are written phonetically!!)

Gelukkige verjaarsdag!

Albanian
Gëzuar ditëlindjen!

Amharic
Melkame yetewlede kene! Melekam ledet!

Arabic
Eeid milad sa'aeed

Armenian
Shenorhavor Dzenentyan Or!

Asturian
¡Bon nataliegu!

Azerbaijani
- Ad Gününüz mübaræk!

Basque
Zorionak!

Bengali
Shuvo Zanmo din!

Bosnian
Sretan Rodjendan!

Breton
Deiz ha Bloaz Laouen!

Bulgarian
Chestit Rojden Den! (= ChRD!)

Cantonese
saang yat faai lok!

Catalan
Feliç aniversari!

Chipewyan
Neh dzeeneh kk-eh nehbah soo ghwah nehs-then

Cornish
Pennbloedh Lowen!

Creole
Kontan ou pa-w jou nesans!

Croatian
Sretan rodyendan!

Czech
S^t^astné narozeniny!

Dagaare
Né fo dO!góó dááré yááné !

Danish
Tillykke med fødselsdagen!

Dutch
Gefeliciteerd!

English
Happy Birthday!

Esperanto
Feli^can datrevenon! Feli^can naski^gtago!

Estonian
Palju õnne sünnipäevaks!

Eurish
Dio natana beatea !

Farsi
Ta'va'lo'dat Mo'ba'rak

Finnish
Hyvää syntymäpäivää!

French
Joyeux anniversaire!

Frisian
Fan herten lokwinske mei dyn jierdei!

Galician
Feliz Aniversário!

Georgian
gilotsavt dabadebis dghes!

German
Alles Gute zum Geburtstag!

Greek
Hro'nia Polla'

Gujarati
hApi barthde! janmadin ni vadhaaee!

Hawaiian
Hau`oli lá hánau!

Hebrew
Yom huledet same'ach!

Hindi
janmadina mubaarak ho

Holooe
Sen-jít khoài-lók

Hungarian
Boldog születésnapot!

Icelandic
Til hamingju með afmælið!

Ido
Bona/felica nasko-dio!

Indonesian
Selamat ulang tahun!

Interlingua
Felice anniversario!

Irish
breith lá sona duit

Italian
Buon compleanno!

Japanese
Tanjoubi omedetou!

Korean
Seng-il-ul Chuk-ha-ham-ni-da

Latin
Beatum Diem Natalem (tibi precor/exopto)

Latvian
Daudz laimes dzimsvanas diena-!

Lithuanian
Sveikinu gimtadienio proga!

Luganda
[Happy Birthday!]

Malaysian
selamat harijadi

Mandarin
sheng- rì kuài lè!

Marshallese
Jeramon ilo rainin am!

Mazahua
mitshíngh!

Norwegian
Gratulerer med dagen!

Occitan
bon aniversari!

Polish
Wszystkiego najlepszego z okazji urodzin!

Portuguese
Feliz Aniversário! Parabéns!

Brazilian Portuguese
Feliz Aniversário!

Quechua
??

Romanian
La mult'i ani!

Russian
S dnem rozhdeniya!

Serbian
Srecyan rodyendan!

Sesotho
Ke ho lakaletsa letsatsi le monate la tswalo!

Sinhala
Shubha. Upan Dhina.yak !

Slovak
Vs^etko najleps^ie (k narodeninám)!

Slovenian
Vse najboljsxe za rojstni dan!

Spanish
Feliz cumpleaños!

Swahili
Hongera!

Swedish
Grattis på födelsedagen!

Tagalog
Maligayang kaarawan!

Thai
sook-san-wan-kert!

Tswana
Ogole!

Turkish
Do-gum günün kutlu olsun!

Ukrainian
z dnem urodyn! z dnem narodzhenya!

Vietnamese
Chúc mù*ng sinh nhâ.t !

Welsh
Penblwydd Hapus i chwi!

Wolof
[Happy] besi judu

Xhosa
Imini yokuzalwa emnandi!

Yiddish
mazl-tov

Zulu
sikufisela inhlanhla elangeni lakho lokuzalwa

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
Re: should i or shouldnt i

Originally posted by wisco
seriously, i was planning on buying an ibook or power book today. i am actually switching believe it or not, although my first real pc was the first mac.

should i buy one today or not? or is there going to be something new on monday and the prices go down?

any ideas?

I highly doubt you'll see any updates to this products, but just to be safe, wait until tuesday before making a purchase

gothamac

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2003
Manhattan
I guess Apple thinks we're all a bunch of lemmings, and we'll stay loyal to the Mac even if their focus is on the iPod.
I find it insulting that they haven't acknowledge the anniversary knowing us Mac heads have been counting down to this day.

Awimoway

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2002
California
Originally posted by gothamac
I guess Apple thinks we're all a bunch of lemmings, and we'll stay loyal to the Mac even if their focus is on the iPod.
I find it insulting that they haven't acknowledge the anniversary knowing us Mac heads have been counting down to this day.

Well, they did acknowledge it at MWSF. And they've got the retouched commercial up. I mean, it's not like they're ignoring it entirely.

Thor74

macrumors member
Jan 20, 2004
Texas
I doubt there will be new updates...

Every time someone says "a buddy of mine that works at Apple told..." I get annoyed.. LOL Realistically G5 updates are approaching any day now. In order for Steve NOT to get mud in his face, At least by August 31 or so, he has to announce 3 gigahertz G5's by end of summer 2004 as promised last year. That means Apple would like most to have a new line out for about 6 months before that of intermediate speed bumps from what we have now. No matter what, by the end of Feb. we will get our G5 updates. It could be Monday, but I doubt it. I am thinking mid to late Feb. But I am dying to dump my dualie 867 and jump into a new midrange 2.2-2.3 dulie when Apple finally does announce them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.