Happy 229th Birthday to Marines around the world*

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by wdlove, Nov 10, 2004.

1. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

2. musicpyrite macrumors 68000

musicpyrite

Good for them.

Can't wait for Veterans Day tomorrow. :) Our town has a parade, and has a very large picnic in the town square. And I play in the school band for entertainment.

3. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Brave men AND women.

I'm not making a statement, but it is true, and often overlooked.

4. wdlove thread starter macrumors P6

wdlove

To all Marines thank you for your service, it is greatly appreciated. You put your life on the line so that the rest of us can sleep soundly at night.

Being an Air Force Retired Veteran I also look forward to Veteran's Day. We owe a debt of gratitude to all of them. This kind of patriotism brings tears to my eyes. :eek:

5. spasticmutant macrumors member

As an added bonus, on this Marine Corps birthday you have the satisfaction of knowing that as of 9:30PM EST today, November 10, 2004, Yasser Arafat is DEAD - a gift the Corps has fervently desired since the Beirut barracks bombing in 1983 - or so my Marine friends have confided. Happy Birthday Marines!

Now, if the rest of those miserable terrorist bastards would just follow Arafat's example, maybe we can all get back to fearing our own government's Christian extremists instead of muslim extremist terrorists.

Anne Marie

6. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    congratulations to the marines.

a note about the arafat thing; we dont want this thread moved to the political forum, but if you want debate whether he was a freedom fighter or a terrorist go ahead but do it there

7. darkwing macrumors 65816

But of course it's just fine for her to insult Christians. That wouldn't be political. Heavens no.

Steve

8. wdlove thread starter macrumors P6

wdlove

9. StealthRider macrumors 65816

StealthRider

10. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg