Happy 4th!

Discussion in 'Community' started by funkywhat2, Jul 3, 2003.

1. funkywhat2 macrumors 6502a

funkywhat2

For everyone who celebrates it, Happy 4th of July! And even those who do not, you can still set an M-80 off in your yard! :p

2. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Re: Happy 4th!

I hear you, I set one off every 3 hours just to keep people jumpy for tonight baby!

That you Chinese Isreali guy who sold them to me!

*I'm totally serious about that too*

3. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

two hundred and twenty seven years thats a lot of freaking candles

4. pianojoe macrumors 6502

pianojoe

Well, all I can say is that the fireworks were a little early this year.

5. pEZ macrumors 6502

Another year, another parade...

I get to watch my marching band attempt straight lines yet again...

6. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

i am trying to convince my dad to have us go downtown for fireworks tomorrow..

7. BaghdadBob macrumors 6502a

BaghdadBob

Yeah, I've got idiots who don't know what day it is in my neighborhood too. For the last week.

Anyway, I usually don't spend much time on most holidays thinking about any meaningful thing, but this strikes me as a particularly good holiday weekend to spend time reflecting upon the meaning of it all.

Of course, with the level ignorance I've encountered in these forums on political matters (that website told me not to believe what that TV channel told you, and that TV channel told me not to believe what that web site was saying! Ergo America is evil!) I'm just waiting for the anti-patriotic chest thumping to begin in this thread...

*sigh*

Bigotry takes no sides.

Happy 4th, all. Watch the Daytona 400 on Saturday and root for the rainbow colored car with the big "24" on the side.

8. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

hehe. the idea of *anyone* rooting for jeff gordon. jkjk

9. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Hell, you're the one who invited it with your ignorant comment.

Yes, we can reflect back to 1776, when Jefferson's wonderful words were printed for all to see. Too bad it means f***all nowadays. Thanks, Bush! Democracy was getting old anyway.

10. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

happy 4th!

So, today I'll be going to a couple bbq's & such...damn I love good food! ;)

Not doing much this evening, due to a music fest taking place downtown this weekend.

11. dethl macrumors regular

KFC extra crispy while sitting at the top of a hill to watch the fireworks. Then I'm going to a friend house out of town and lighting $170 worth of fireworks that me and a couple friends bought. :cool:

12. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    happy 4th

i'm off to the beach.

be safe out there.:)

13. evil macrumors 6502

since i live in canada i dont get to say happy fourth of july. so here it goes
    happy fourth of july

ps im american

14. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I'm off on a boat down the Potomac to see the National fireworks this evening....should be fun, DC always has some serious stuff....:D

Best I've ever seen, the only problems are the crowds of people and with 9/11 all the security. Still fun.

D

15. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Happy 4 of July to us. May everyone remain safe today, please don't drink and drive. Have fun, but look forward to everyone returning to there battle stations to post again.

I looking forward to some BBQ this evening. The Pops concert from the Esplande here in Boston will be fantastic as usual!

16. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
    sings Rule Britannia, marmalade and jam! (reference to Alf Garnet, old comedy program in England)

seriously though, Happy Independance Day for those who "celebrate" it. I'm wearing my Union Jack (the British flag) t-shirt with pride today, no animosity yet which is good hehe. It's not worn to bash America or anything, i'm glad I'm here, otherwise I wouldn't be, but you still have to be patriotic now eh? ;)

pseudobrit ... hahaha, too bloody right. I'm still not sure who I despise more, Bush or Blair :rolleyes:

hope everyone has a wicked time :)

17. MacFan25 macrumors 68000

MacFan25

Happy 4th everyone! We are grilling out, but no fireworks. ;)

18. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

here in austin, i am going downtown to our Zilker Park to see some friends and the fireworks. it's been raining off and on today, making the place safe for some crazy fireworks, i suppose, but hopefully it won't rain tonight. it's very overcast right now, so the clouds could blow at any time.

best wishes to you all for the 4th, and tsk to all of you sinking to political comments. just 'cos one person did, doesn't give you the right...

19. BaghdadBob macrumors 6502a

BaghdadBob

Yeah, I'm actually surprised it hasn't been any more rabid. Was that a self-fulfilling prophesy? Oh well.

I'm not sure if I'm going to end up at Bellingham bay or this little place up north for fireworks.

It will be nice to be among a large group of people who aren't ashamed to be American for a while...course, we probably get some Canadians looking for fireworks as close as we are to the border here :)

Jeff Gordon looks like he's losing his hair. he needs to hook up with Derrek Cope. No wonder he had that little boy haircut for so long...

20. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Flowbee

WooHoo! Views of the San Francisco AND Oakland fireworks from our living room windows tonight. Happy 4th, all.

21. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

Happy 4th July all! It was kind of strange here in London, seeing the fireworks going off near Tower Bridge. It took me a couple of moments to realise what it was all about: 4th July was the best thing to ever happen to the UK :D

Seriously though, I hope you're all enjoying a great weekend!

22. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I don't know if Rower_CPU will see this or not, but I thought that this thread was appropriate. I like your Avatar for today, it really symbolizes the day. Your work is greatly appreciated, thank you! ;)

23. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

A time to celebrate our nation by blowing up a piece of it. :D

24. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Thanks. I figured it was a timely update.

I enjoyed a pool party at friends' and then fireworks. Hope everyone had fun and was safe last night.

25. BaghdadBob macrumors 6502a

BaghdadBob

Heading to the fireworks show we almost had to kill a poor idiot...here we are, driving in our RAM 1500 on Meridian, which is like the main artery in Bellingham, approaching a light which has been green for probably ten seconds, and this dumbass comes pulling into the intersection in a Plymoth Breeze just as we were getting there at 50 MPH, and he starts panicking and slowing down while right in front of us. Considering we were on the road for probably an hour total we saw a lot of stupid driving last night. :rolleyes:

A passage from Hamlet comes to mind [goes to look up Hamlet.....]

Hor. Is it a custom?
    Ham. Ay, marry, is't:
    But to my mind,—though I am native here
    And to the manner born,—it is a custom
    More honour'd in the breach than the observance.
    This heavy-headed revel east and west
    Makes us traduc'd and tax'd of other nations;
    They clepe us drunkards, and with swinish phrase
    Soil our addition; and indeed it takes
    From our achievements, though perform'd at height,
    The pith and marrow of our attribute.