Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Today is April 1, 2007 and represents April Fool's Day -- so readers should be wary of hoaxes and claims at both news and rumor sites today.

Today also represents Apple's 31st Anniversary. Last year's April Fools' was met with much of anticipation. Many were certain that Apple would celebrate their 30th anniversary with some form of announcement. No announcements were made.

Enjoy the day!

Article Link: Happy April Fools: April 1, 2007

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
well i just have my full video screen iPod, powerbook g5 and 16 core mac pro here, all hooked up to my 60 inch Cinema display with iSight built in...o ya and i have my tablet and apple pda...not iPhone

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Cannot wait for the headline stating that John Dvorak is pregnant with his own clone.

BiikeMike

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2005
So I guess its safe to assume that MacRumors is run out of the Eastern Time Zone! This thread was started at 12:05am EST. Its not April 1st for everyone yet!

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
OMFG look at the Members List!!! :D :D :D Haha! I love it.

j/k. It shows up everywhere. :eek:

That must have taken so much work! You crazy mods. :D

BiikeMike

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2005
When I am reading this article, it's already 1 April, 12:26PM in Hong Kong... ;)

Wow, its like you can see the future or somthing! Does anything interesting happen today? You can save me getting up early, I'll just sleep in!

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
Honest Zwhaler... I like it. But I would perfer something more like "Teh Pwn4g3 Zwhaler".... j/k you guys did a great job. :) Happy (tomorrow) April Fools Day... my day kicked ass by the way.

JNB

macrumors 604
In essentially honor of April Fools' Day, I will partially promise that I shall not post any exceptionally bogus claims about things that I may or may not be hyperactively aware of at Apple.

With the singularly wonderful exception of the $799 BlackBook. Excuse me, there's an alarmingly loud pounding at the door.

*Apple Legal dragging me away*

I love you all,

Practically John

PS - GarageBand: More cowbell!!

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
My font size settings are all messed up now! Is that part of the joke too?
It is cute but I hate not having the smaller font theme on.
Sorry for the inconvenience today.

We had three choices:
  1. Make sure everyone sees the new forum look.
  2. Let the people who prefer small fonts miss the new look completely, since they wouldn't know about it unless someone told them to switch styles.
  3. Do twice as much work, to create twice as many new styles.
Since it took us 365 days to prepare this one, we went with choice #1. :)

Foxglove9

macrumors 68000
Jan 14, 2006
New York City
Wow, can't believe a year has gone by already!

I already set up a joke for my coworker in the morning. She'll probably get scared in the morning when she opens up the office. heh.

I just noticed the extra tab. Funny stuff, nice work!! But I can't believe this already has negative ratings. WTH?

Erasmus

macrumors 68030
Jun 22, 2006
Australia
HAHAHAHAHAHA!

I love it!

Astounding Erasmus... That's right. I am surprisingly impressive or notable!

And I do tend to shock and greatly surprise people.

(Yes, I did use the dictionary in Dashboard ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.