Happy birthday AppleManEric, ericthemacpope & macpope

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by mad jew, Dec 6, 2005.

1. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Well, I was reading through the bottom of the main forum page as I usually do each day to see if there's a birthday I've forgotten and I stumbled across three new 16 year olds: AppleManEric, ericthemacpope & macpope. It got me thinking about whether they might actually be the same user. :eek:

So then, I coupled this with the fact that in the Members List, there are roughly just under 54,000 members (including administrator accounts FWIW) yet there are nearly 63,000 members according to the forum index page. Is the discrepancy due entirely to banned members? Is there a method or policy on deleting double up accounts apart from the usual "delete-as-we-find-them" action? I wonder how many individual people have ever actually signed up...

Sorry, it's been a long day and I promise I'll start thinking normally in the morning...

...So long as edesignuk doesn't post another HOT picture of the gorgeous dietcokevanilla. Bah, she's so hot right now!

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I've seen a few way back when who signed up but never even posted. Of course, there are a few who were banned and created more than 4 other accounts to let us all known that they were displeased. We've seen that within the last 12 months a few times.

I'm sure with a lot of research we could make good guesses about a lot of multiple accounts, but can we ever be certain without their help? More than that, would it help that we figured it out?

3. mad jew thread starter Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Nah, I'm just thinking out loud. It's a pretty useless statistic - how big the actual MacRumors sign up base is. :)

4. Benjamin macrumors 6502a

Benjamin

oh they probably are. the user names are even the same sorta.

5. dcv macrumors G3

I think you may well be on to something there! So when did Eric/Pope Eric/Pope last sign in?

:eek: you know that's just fuelling the fire don't you... :eek:

6. mad jew thread starter Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Who said that? Where'd you go? Anyone seen dietcokevanilla?

7. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Guys are always thinking about size, aren't they? :D :p

8. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Are there ANY OTHER BIRTHDAY wishes to go out today???? hmmm? :eek: :p

9. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Yes, I wish everyone in the world a Happy Birthday, whether it's their birthday or not.

10. Lau Guest

My friend's dad used to do this at the toll booths at the Dartford tunnel. Every time he paid the toll, he would say "Happy Birthday" to the guy in the booth. Although he almost always looked like a nutter, he thought that on the one time it actually was someone's birthday, they would be so shocked it would all be worth it....:p

11. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

I don't think so... certainly no one springs to mind. If it was anyone important surely we'd have remembered?

;)

12. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Does a macpope defecate in a tree-covered environment?

13. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Better to look a nutter, than to be one...maybe. :D

Urrrm, I'm not sure. Could you re-phrase the question? Of course, after seeing mad jew's various photos, is there any doubt? :eek:

14. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

oh you're quite the nice one! :p