Happy birthday teabgs!

Discussion in 'Community' started by bousozoku, Oct 8, 2004.

1. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Another day, another success! Hope your b-day brings you happiness.

2. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Happy B-day, man! Hope things are going well for you. :)

3. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a great day! Probably stayed up late to start celebrating tonight, eh?

D :D

4. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

5. bousozoku thread starter Moderator emeritus

That would take two things for me to put a thread out for you:

1) I would have to know you on some more-than-minimal level
    2) You would have to have your birthdate available in the information

You can always get wdlove to do it--he's much nicer than I am. :D

6. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Thank you bousozoku, that brought a big smile to my face. :D I think that you are nice also. Raven VII, I usually go by names that I recognize, you could always PM me ahead of time. ;)

Happy B-Day teabgs. I hope that you are having a nice day with family and friends. Any big purchases planned? The most important thing is that you enjoy the day, your day. ;)

[​IMG]

7. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

Happy birthday, teabgs. Have a good one. BTW, i think i just got the meaning of your name... :confused: :eek:

8. teabgs macrumors 68030

teabgs

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone! I'm a bit late to the thread... :D

I woke up kinda sick on my BDay, so I ended up laying around drinking fluids and napping. I had reservations at an old speakeasy (well, it used to be) for 20, so I had to tough it up and go. It was a lot of fun, good food and good brew (they brew their own drinks). Then I went home and crashed, and slept most of sunday. Still kinda sick, but I think I'm getting better... (famous last words)

I accepted a new job last week, right before my birthday, and after being out of work for a while it was the best present I could have asked for. I start next monday, so at least I got sick THIS week instead of NEXT week.

EDIT: :eek: THAT is not the meaning of my name! But many a member has commented... ;)

9. russed macrumors 68000

russed

its always good to be late to your own party!

i want a birthday thread now! you have about 7 months to prepare!

10. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I'm sorry to hear about your illness teabgs. Sounds like you did the best thing plenty of fluids and rest. That is ususally the best medicine and works in most cases. I agree, if your going to get sick, its best for prior to a new job. Just too bad that it was on your B-day.

Congratulations on your new job. What type of job?

[​IMG]

11. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

how the hell did i miss this. happy birthday, belated even! hope it was all great.

:D
    paul

12. teabgs macrumors 68030

teabgs

wd: the job is as a production assistant at a traditional (hand drawn) animation production house. I've already worked higher positions, but jobs are hard to come by right now with so many people looking for work in the industry. A lot of that is because of outsourcing. So, I'm taking a pay cut and doing some grunt work (office duties) in addition to animating, designing, etc. It'll be a lot of fun though, which is why I do it, so it's all good. It's a small studio and everyone is very nice, and I'll get to do a little of everything, and most importantly learn a lot on the job.

Paul: Don't worry bout it! I was 2 days late too!

13. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I'm very happy for you teabgs. Sounds like you are going to have a great time. Getting to work in different areas can be fun. Having good relations with co-workers is very helpful. At least by learn on the job, that means that there if a good chance of moving up in the company. Especially since its small. I trully wish you all the best. ;)