Happy Birthday, wordmunger!

Discussion in 'Community' started by Blue Velvet, Jan 30, 2005.

1. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

The guy with the nicely laid-out blog... Happy Birthday to you!

Hope you have a fab day and all...

Let us know how your day went or is going to go and about any nice presents you may have received, especially if they're Maccy things...

All the best
    BV
    x

2. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
  3. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

4. vollspacken macrumors 65816

vollspacken

happy birthday from me too, have a nice one... :)

vSpacken

5. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

word(monger) up! (in age that is :D )

Happy birthday guy!

6. 2A Batterie macrumors 6502a

2A Batterie

7. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

That is just awesome! Thanks for a good laugh this morning.

8. iLikeMyiMac macrumors 6502a

iLikeMyiMac

I have a folder of about a hundred of them on my computer.
    If you want to see more by the same guy you can go to http://cheston.com/pbf/archive.html

9. sjpetry macrumors 65816

sjpetry

10. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

Hey, thanks everyone. I mostly celebrated yesterday. Got a new leather jacket and a check for $100, which I'll be spending towards a new Airport Express base station for my music server. I imagine other presents will trickle in over the next week or so.

I'm now 38, so not a particularly momentous one for me. Ask me how I feel two years from now!

Need to go now, but I'll check in tomorrow and let you know how the rest of the day worked out.

11. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Happy 38th B-Day wordmunger! ;) May it meet all your expectations. Hope that you enjoyed family and friends. Will look forward to an update.

[​IMG]

12. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

Well, thanks again, everyone, for all the kind messages. I didn't end up doing much celebrating at all yesterday -- now that I'm such an old coot, it's not like I'm much of a party animal. I did, however, have some excellent food and wine over the course of the weekend.

On Friday, the wife and I had an excellent bottle of Hogue Genesis Merlot, as well as a delicious Rothschild (Lafite) Bordeaux, to accompany an excellent filet mignon, baked potato, and salad.

On Saturday we had one of my favorite dishes, pesto lasagne. This was the "official" birthday dinner, so we had apple pie (homemade by my wife and daughter) and ice cream for dessert. Yum! Drank so much wine, it's all kind of a blur, but I think there was a Bonny Doon Syrah and a Cotes de Rossillon Rouge involved.

On Sunday (the actual birthday) I had one of my favorite breakfasts, risotto pancakes and bacon. If you've never had risotto pancakes, they're a real treat. Just take some leftover risotto and mix with a beaten egg. Shape into small "pancakes" and fry them up in some butter on a griddle over medium heat for 5 minutes a side. Wonderful! Yesterday afternoon we took in the matinee of "Samson and Delilah" performed by Opera Carolina. Then it was home for a light dinner and a glass of Merlot before bed.

Nice, mellow birthday, just the way I like them nowadays. In college for my birthdays we used to do something called the "vodka taste test," ostensibly a refined way to compare fine vodkas like Stoli, Absolut, and Denaka, but really an excuse to get trashed on shots of hard liquor.