Happy DST

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by aristobrat, Mar 10, 2007.

1. aristobrat macrumors G4

I was nice to see my BlackBerry and 63 of my 64 servers at work properly handle the new DST date this morning.

Jammy time for me -- been awhile since I've been up til 3:30AM. (God, I'm getting old! :eek:) :D

2. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

Gah, of all the weekends to lose an hour, it had to be the one right before finals start! At least the Caribou by my house is offering free espresso shots today...

3. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I'm tired. I'm just going to make sure all of my crap updates properly and go to bed. 6 more minutes to go.

edit: Yay, everything updated correctly.

4. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

Yeah I'm so excited about daylight savings time that I can't sleep tonight. Woohoo!!! :)

5. furcalchick macrumors 68020

furcalchick

i wish i was in arizona right now...lol. don't have to deal with changing clocks. but all of my things are set too...

6. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

I am not happy. Hmph. *mutters*happydstmybuttcrack*mutters*

7. hana macrumors regular

Well....
    The Macs, of course, are fine due to me updating the software.
    (had to remind my relatives to update their windows software...to which some of them said "huh?")

Cheap "atomic" clock thing did not reset - the manufacturer's website said it may not reset for 3 to 5 days if it did not get the "signal". Bleah. I just set it to Mountain Time for now.

I have a feeling that the coffee places will be doing a brisk business today and Monday so all of us bleery eyed people can try to recover.

8. nickster9224 macrumors 6502a

nickster9224

9. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Yes happy indeed, I just love having a 23 hour Birthday.:rolleyes: :mad:

10. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

All you haters can stuff it. I like my extra hour of light in the evening. Happy DST, everybloody! :D

11. d_and_n5000 macrumors 6502a

d_and_n5000

I wish that ol' Mitch hadn't changed Indiana's time system so that we change...I went to church at 10:30 this morning, and at least 4 people walked in at 11:30:rolleyes: And not only is this only the second time in umpteen years we've changed the clocks, its also the first time on this new DST schedule...its rather confusing.

12. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

Great, this means I stayed up til 5 AM, and woke up at 12.

...DST sucks.

13. Jay42 macrumors 65816

Jay42

I called the verizon time number this morning to reset the clocks and it was still an hour off at around 8 am EST.

14. mac-convert macrumors 6502a

mac-convert

Oomph - ughh - coffee, please - guess what I forgot to reset last night :mad:

Everything else okay - my clock on the car radio is now correct again! Just had to wait that out - it's been wrong since last October :(

15. Oblivious macrumors 6502

Bah, I better be reimbursed for losing an hour of sleep.:mad:

16. Spectrum macrumors 6502a

Spectrum

DST is great, but any ideas how do I get my clock to automatically reset on my Powerbook (OS 10.4.3) ?

I have it synced to the Apple US clock, but still no good. :confused:

17. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Run Software Update to update your OS to 10.4.8. Apple made the changes that allow the OS to follow the new DST rules in 10.4.5.

18. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

The time on my Verizon phone didn't update until just a couple hours ago. That was really annoying because I use my phone as my alarm clock and had no way of knowing whether or not it was going to update in the middle of the night, and therefore didn't know what time to set it for.

19. BigPrince macrumors 68020

I saved more daylight then everyone else. 61 min baby.

20. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

Yay for living in Arizona.

Not yay for getting used to DST when I move out of Arizona.

21. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

I hate this time.

I'm so much more productive in the other time, and so much of a happier human being in the other time.

This time means sun -- exhausting sun. It means stores are bringing out "summer clothes," it means the inevitable doom of approaching warmth -- "life." Leaves on trees. Loss of all sight lines.

I mean, I really freaking hate it.

22. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

That sounds great to me.:cool:

23. eluk macrumors 6502a

eluk

24. MartyMoe macrumors regular

I have the same problem. I notice that it usually takes at least a few days to switch by itself, so I just go with the big Manual Override.

If it is atomic, it must be something with Heisenberg's Uncertain Time principle, I don't know. I slept through that lecture due to missing a DST change once.
    :D

25. Spectrum macrumors 6502a

Spectrum

Cheers, but I'm kind of happy with 10.4.3 though. I previously updated long ago to 10.4.4 but it broke two iPod shuffles, along with iTunes, and caused all my nicely rendered jpg photograph icons to be pixellated with ugly black borders.

The only solution was to reinstall 10.4.3. I've been in NO hurry to update since. (In fact I don't believe the OS updates since then have been of any use to PPC users.)

Surely if the computer is connected to the Apple clock by internet it should just be automatic anyway? :confused: