Happy Labor Day!

Discussion in 'Community' started by clayj, Sep 4, 2005.

1. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

For those of you in the US, happy Labor Day! (Everyone else: It may not be a holiday for you, but I hope you have a pleasant day anyway.)

What are your plans, if any? Myself, I will be enjoying one last day at the swimming pool (it's in my building's courtyard, and doesn't get a whole lot of sun this time of year), going to Best Buy for a new black toner cartridge for my printer, and maybe going to see a movie.

2. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...holiday for us here in Canada too...but as Jerry Seinfeld might have said - why do they call it labor day when we *don't* have to work...heheheheh...anyway...I plan on having a relaxing day on Monday - go out for a long power walk, enjoy the nice late-summer weather...I've got an extremely busy September coming up - doing upgrades throughout the office - so an extra day off will help me get ready for the onslaught....oh yeah!

3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

do some cleaning, relaxing, and then off to a coffeehouse to get some work done and some reading too

4. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Lacero says... every day is a holiday when you live in Victoria... rightey eh?

5. jlewis2k1 macrumors 6502a

jlewis2k1

6. buryyourbrideau macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

i have to go to work at circuit city and load a million tv's that i know we are gonna sell by 2 pm tomorrow. stupid labor day sales. :mad:

7. jlewis2k1 macrumors 6502a

jlewis2k1

hmm im glad i dotn work at DQ tomorrow with the way things went on saturday (we made $2700 in 2 hours.) heh we didnt close till like midnight

8. pivo6 macrumors 68000

pivo6

One last summer barbecue this afternoon, then get the kids ready for school. My 5 year old starts kindergarten on Tuesday, and she's very excited.

9. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

I'll be trying to enjoy the last day of summer until school starts. I'll probably go get some school supplies that tomorrow I will realise I'm missing.

10. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

I'll try to enjoy the last dat of summer by doing what I love... using my iBook all day :p

11. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

diet pepsi + iBook + oh noes MR thread = I'm heading to the apple store to get made fun of.

Also, I'm DONE with the sun. I'm getting freaked out; I noticed that I had friggin TAN LINES. That's never happened to me before. Not sunburn lines.. but.. TAN LINES. It's all... not-deathly-white to WHITE to slightly-less-dealthy-white. It's freaking me out, I really have some melanin! (who knew??)

Done with sun = sleeping until 3 and eating cheetos in front of the TV. Mooha-ha-ha-ah. Hah.
    What a life!

12. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

That lousy holiday caused me trouble!

I forgot that Monday was a federal holiday, with no post offices open. I had a $30 rebate form to send in, and it had to be postmarked by a certain date, based on the date of purchase, so that I would qualify. I was lazy and didn't mail it Friday because I thought I had lots of time. But I discovered late Saturday that it had to be postmarked no later than Monday. Guess what? There would be no postmarks Sunday or Monday, so I had to go out and find an open post office late Saturday to save my rebate offer from expiring.

So I refuse to have fun tomorrow. That'll teach the post office not to be so mean to me. And maybe I'll hold my breath until I turn blue too.

13. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Aww, poor Doctor Q! I'm mad at the USPS, too! Why do they need that holiday?! I'm waiting for a BT mouse in the mail, gawdangit! :p

:edit: Post 1,500 <-- Wow, that happened so fast!

14. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

Wow! congrats on the 1500!!

and if only rebates could be done electronically.. you wouldn't have to even get dressed... just stay in your PJs and rebate it up.

that would be the life.

15. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

I guess I'll just sit here and gloat because Fedex delivered all the new toys on Friday that were scheduled for Tuesday :p ;) :D

16. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

It is a day of labor for me!

Cleaned out the garage on Sat, started on the basement, will continue on the basement today. Hope to clean out a large amount, consolidate the rest of "stuff" in one end that will eventually be my work room (hammering, sawing, building stuff), another area is to be a home theater, and the center area my office. I need an office now! The new job is requiring it at the speed of light.

The good news is my best friend has his own construction crew, specialized tools, and materials. At some point today he will come over and survey my needs. Yea!

But today is very much a "Labor Day".

PS I need to wash the dawg too! :)

17. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

I have to go to college- Yes, we have classes on labor day! :mad: :rolleyes:

18. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

Well, I'm spending the beginning of the holiday sitting in the Seattle airport on my way back from vacation on Vancouver Island. I've been driving and "ferrying" since 8:00 last night, so I'm going to spend most of the day sleeping once I get home!

19. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

I wish that were my case- I could definitely use a few more hours of sleep.
    Although, I could go with out the "traveling since 8 last night"! :eek:

20. buryyourbrideau macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

ok best notorious big song ever. in your sig

21. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Doesn't that mean you get a different day off then? That's what happened w/ me before.

22. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

my one last day off before i am busy for months T___T Work tomorrow and then i start school again wednesday.

But i will be happy to be back at college, i sorta miss my friends there.

23. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

because you know you miss all of us virtual people more! :p

24. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

No. :rolleyes:

But, here at Lebanon Valley College we do have nice periods of time off for other holidays (ie- one month of for winter break).

But, it is just the thought of going to class on a holiday. :mad: Especially since my parents and two younger siblings are down at the beach with some of our friends! :eek:

Oh well, one class down, three to go. :rolleyes:

25. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Psst... ditch class! Haha, I'm notorious for ditching class... :D And yet my teachers all love me!