Happy 'Mission Accomplished" Day, everyone!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, May 1, 2004.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

2. Krizoitz macrumors 6502a

Krizoitz

3. toontra macrumors 6502

Yep. We sure prevailed. And to think there were some folks who predicted this would be a long drawn out and messy affair with large loss of life!

4. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

eliminating the surplus, killing lots of people,running up the deficit. The main mission was to make billions for Cheneys Haliburton. no wonder George is so smug. Mission was accomplished.

5. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    i celebrated by urinating on an iraqi prisoner.

how 'bout you?

6. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

7. IrishGold macrumors member

I saw that picture, lol.

8. numediaman macrumors 6502a

I hope you're kidding.

These photos will result in more dead Americans and Brits, and has destroyed the little of bit of credibility this nation has left with the rest of the world.

9. IrishGold macrumors member

:confused:

They burn soldiers in the street and I can't have a little laugh at a little spilt urine?

10. pinto32 macrumors 6502

You mean we still had credibility???

No one seems to be looking at the big picture....Geiorge Bush DID accomplish HIS mission!!! He got revenge on the guy who tried to take out his daddy, his buddies have made a ****load of money, and he is getting to run up the federal deficate even more (thus allowing the federal government to declair bankrupcy and end SS, public education, and sex ed at a much earlier date)!!

11. numediaman macrumors 6502a

What? Are you a liberal version of SlyHunter? Zim, how many Americans can write more than two sentences without misspelling a word? skunk, is the British education system any better than the American system?

Guys, this is a Mac forum! Safari has spell check, as does TextEdit! (It's enough to make one use a Dell.)

12. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

i have to think the "deficate" (sic) was intentional.

irishgold, i'm curious: why should i ever listen to anything you have to say?

13. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I really don't know: I went to a private school and I educated my own children at home... :)
    At least creationism has no appeal over here. That's something to be grateful for.

14. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Awesome. I'll be at your place at nine next Saturday to piss on your head. We'll all have a good chuckle.

15. ethernet76 macrumors 6502a

Really concerned about those hearts and minds eh? A new survey says 70% of Iraqis loathe the U.S. and 90 percent sees the U.S. as a occupying force not as a liberating force. This all coming from Gallup, not some bias organization.

Here's the problem with pissing on Iraqis. Al-jazeera is going to pick this up undoubtedly, and of course it will be shown over and over. I don't know about you, but if someone showed Iraqis pissing on an American prisoner I think I'd be mad too. Even the Iraqi rebels have had the decency to not piss on the captured journalists.

While some are going to rant on about the Americans killed in Iraq, you have to face the fact that this is an armed conflict. With death and injury a real consequence. It'd be nice if the weaker side just said, "You're bigger, you win. Here are our guns," but it doesn't work that way.

The only way to stop those killings of Americans is through hearts and minds, not guns and bombs. We are not liked as a country and as Thomas Friedman of the New York Times says, people do not just wake up and hate us.

16. SlyHunter macrumors newbie

SlyHunter

Yet
    http://www.zogby.com/news/ReadNews.dbm?ID=734

17. pinto32 macrumors 6502

Of course Iraqis think that things will be better in 5 years....how could it get much worse for them??

(I wish that I had meant to misspell deficit, but alas, I am a product of the "No Child Left Behind" program....)

18. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Oh come on, Sly, you can do better than that: that poll result is from September 2003. Don't you think the numbers might have changed since then?

19. numediaman macrumors 6502a

Hey, here's a poll, Sly.

POLL GIVES CLINTON EDGE ON EVERY ISSUE

NOVEMBER 1, 1996

LAWRENCEVILLE, NJ -- Democratic strength in traditionally Republican issues and a substantial gender gap are two key factors in the outcome of the upcoming presidential election, according to a Rider University political science poll.

The respondents favored the President over Senator Dole, 59.5 percent to 20.3 percent, with Perot garnering 6.9 percent of the vote. The remaining 13.3 percent in the survey were undecided; but overall, 73 percent of students surveyed indicated that they intended to vote, which contrasts some national surveys indicating low voter interest in the election.

Even more striking than these numbers, though, is how the students rated the importance of current political issues and which of the two major party candidates is the better person to handle each issue.

"Clinton leads Dole in every issue in terms of evaluation, which is surprising in areas such as taxes, foreign affairs, inflation, drugs, and family values," said Rusciano, professor of political science. "These are traditional Republican issues. The poll shows that at least among our students, Clinton has been able to steal away much of the classic Republican agenda."​

20. diamond geezer macrumors regular

Save the watersports for your bedroom.

21. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

ewwwwwwwwwww