Happy new year!

Discussion in 'Community' started by AmigoMac, Dec 27, 2003.

1. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

Hey folks!

-Greetings from germany, I wish you all a happy new year and all the best with your resolutions, I'll be ~5 weeks away, I hope to follow this site as usual but I will take a trip to your/my/our America and my predictions are enough time to read and write E-mails, follow MWSF, world news and just read main topics from macrumors.com, will I post? I don't know, anyway, bye boys and girls... my flight is in less than 8 hours and now I have to check my suitcase, there is overweight :(.

------

If I go to Disneyland and want a picture with mickey mouse, Does the man inside smile? ;)

2. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I wish you a Happy New Year also AmigoMac. Welcome to America, hope that it will be a safe and enjoyable trip. I look forward to your thoughts about your trip. Please keep us updated as often as possible.

Your question about Mickey Mouse is an interesting one. If I were doing the job, think that I'd be smiling.

3. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

It all depends on how much he gets paid. ;)

4. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

5. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

6. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

That is very true Doctor Q, actually there could be a man in Minnie Mouse. I suppose is is according to what assignment that you get each day. :p Now with the PC crowd they have to be very careful not to stereotype.

7. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I bet I'm the only one here who has been kicked by a Disneyland costumed character.

I was sitting on a bench in one of the small passageways through Sleeping Beauty's Castle, with one leg crossed over the other. The Three Little Pigs walked by, and one of them playfully kicked my foot so it slipped to the ground.

Maybe I should have sued Uncle Walt and Company for "public humiliation and pain and suffering" but instead I laughed, and it was worth being attacked by an oversized Little Pig because I've had this story to tell ever since.

8. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

Some woman in California tried to sue Disney land for $5 million because her kids saw mickey mouse take off his costume and it caused "emotional stress and damage". Dont worry, her case got thrown out of court.:p

9. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Not funny!

Goofy Punched me when I tried to get an autograph... Apparently his lunch break was at 4PM... :confused:

edit:

Tell me why everything on MR has to be days or Weeks ahead?

Happy New year... January Desktop thread...

How about I make a March 2006 Desktop thread?

Huh?

HUH???

:rolleyes:

10. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

That's awful!
    Maybe members who want the thrill of starting a thread do so early before somebody else does.

11. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Yes... I was little so I don't remember much... Not hurt too bad... but still stupid Disney Employes impatientness .

Arg... it is always sooo early.

You see is someone opened this thread Today I would have no problem... but its always like a week in advanced.

12. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

It's not too soon to start planning our April Fool jokes for 2004.

13. Wardofsky macrumors 65816

April Fools Joke Thread 2004

I'm way ahead of you, I started this back in '99...

14. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    i got attacked by a disney character, well it wasnt an "attack" more like a series of punches and kicks and grabs...although i dont think he intended to hurt me. it was mickey mouse...i hate him

15. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Well I see that I'm the recipient of your 1st April Fool joke 2004! :p

virividox I would like to hear more about your incident with Mickey Mouse.

16. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    it was in magic kingdom i think, i was having breakfast with the characters, and i didnt want to have my picture taken with mickey so i told him to go away, which he did, so i enjoyed eating my waffles with goofy, and minnie and pluto, except mickey. so when i was done, and leaving he jumped me!!! he didnt punch or kick very hard i think he was just jelous cuz minnie poured maple syrup on my waffles. i was like 10 at the time hehe, but ever since then i swear i hate mickey