Happy Orthodox Christmas!!!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by kretzy, Jan 5, 2006.

1. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

I just want to wish all of the other Julian calendar following MR members (if there are any???), a very merry Christmas over the coming days. :) ;)

I'm about to head off to my aunty's for a traditional 12 course ( :eek: ) Ukrainian Christmas Eve dinner. "Eat, drink and be merry! For tomorrow we diet! ;)

2. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Most Christian calendars celebrate the Epiphany of J.C. today. Does the Orthodox faith have a similar celebration at a later date?

3. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

Are you looking forward to Old New Year as well? Personally, it's my favorite holiday.

4. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...while I am not a religious person, I will just the same make a point of calling my dear friend in Moscow to exchange best wishes (in Russian)...oh yeah!

5. kretzy thread starter macrumors 604

kretzy

Yeah, the entire Christian calendar is the same, it just runs 2 weeks later.

Yeah I always look forward to this also because there is always a big New Years ball/party thing on.

I'm not religious either, I just do it because it's all part of family tradition - I think it's a nice tradition to maintain as it sort of removes the commercialization now associated with Christmas.

6. Sol macrumors 68000

Sol

Haven't you been replaced by a whale? I think that Simpsons episode where Santa's Little Helper became the Duff-Dog was your last appearance so by calling yourself Duff-Man you are infringing on the Duff Beer corporation's trade mark.