Happy singles awareness day!!!!!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by xtopher, Feb 13, 2007.

1. xtopher macrumors regular

xtopher

ugh i hate this hallmark holiday... im going to play st. valentines day massacre at my restaurant today.

2. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

I know....people keep asking me who my valentine is, and I just tell them that I've been recently been dumped by my blind, non-english-speaking girlfriend. :)

3. Bobdude161 macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

Good thing I'm not emo. Otherwise, today would be my last day to be alive.

I'm just gonna treat this like any normal day.

<go cries in a corner>

4. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

5. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

this is my first valentine's being single in three years. i'm not loving it, but i'm not dreading it either. it's just another day.

6. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

At the University Center they'll be selling flowers and chocolates.
    The UC is the only place with tofu spring rolls.
    I usually hang out there between classes. I will be dashing in and out of the UC as quickly as possible.

*crosses arms and pouts*

7. Felldownthewell macrumors 65816

Felldownthewell

We just watched "Le Jeux D'Enfants" (Love me if you Dare) in french class. Before watching this film I was totally like...Valentines, whatever. Now I'm more depressed than I have ever been. Thanks alot Belgium.

I guess I should probably go make my mom a card...

8. xtopher thread starter macrumors regular

xtopher

:cool: i know, im bitter. but i hate relationships and V-day. i belive humans were put on earth to reproduce not start familys and buy chocolate and flowers and pull a 9-5. party! have fun!! DONT GET TIED DOWN!!!! ITS A SHAM!!! besides relationships cost to much physcally and emotionally.

9. ModestPenguin macrumors 6502

ModestPenguin

I got my mom a valentine....but she told me to keep it, that she was on a diet.

*tear*

I need a real valentine...

10. xtopher thread starter macrumors regular

xtopher

i actualy do have a valentine.. kinda. my ex came online and was like i was just broken up with.... will you be my valentine :(

UGH FINE!!! but dont tell anyone lol

11. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

I'm just going to love it when tomorrow, this little puke's going to push me in front of this girl I used to like ages ago and tell her that I'm trying to ask her out. :rolleyes: And then, I'm probably going to have to give her another awkward talk about how I know she doesn't feel the same way about me, etc., etc., which I did a few months ago, but she's quite gullible. High school's a lot of fun.

12. xtopher thread starter macrumors regular

xtopher

i have always hated high school THANK GOD im outta that place. whenever i talk to someone in high school i wanna choke them lol. not all, but SOME are DAAAAAMN annoying

13. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

haha i feel for you. rejected by your own mom lol jk

14. CorvusCamenarum macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

Fake holidays are so much fun, especially when so far I've seen seven trillion ads on television that say if I don't buy my girlfriend whatever crap they're peddling, I'm a loser and won't get any. Conversely, I've seen exactly zero ads that tell women they need to get their man something [expensive] or similar bad things might befall them.

That being said, the GF knows my thoughts on the matter and not to expect anything. She feels the same.

15. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I'm not single, but singles who find this holiday annoying have my sympathy.

I'll have to be extra nice to Mrs. Q all day or she might turn me down when I ask her to be my valentine. So far over the years I have a 100% record of affirmative replies from her, so I hope my streak holds up.

While shopping for Valentine cards to send the various kids in our extended family, she found one she thought was funny and she called me from the store to read it to me. Then she told me I should get it for her! Now that wouldn't be much of a surprise, would it? :p

I do have one problem every Valentine's Day. I use colored markers or pens to write her notes and I try to sign them and her Valentine card by drawing red hearts. But now and then I get my colors confused and give her a heart that's miscolored (brown or green instead of red). Luckily, sympathy and chocolates lead to forgiveness.

16. zephead macrumors 68000

zephead

On House (the TV show) earlier: "Valentine's day is for people who are already paired. For everyone else, it's just Wednesday."

:(

17. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Haha, rejected by your mum! :p

You're a fool. Don't tell her "You probably don't feel the same way about me." Either get into a decent conversation with her, or don't say anything. Hell, even plan on what you plan on saying when you're with her if you need to. Natural progression of the convo may happen and steer you away from your plan, but whatever.

18. Stridder44 macrumors 68040

Stridder44

haha I like that. Really guys, don't let it bother you. Your day will come!

19. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

LMFAO to the OP I love your title!
    As someone who hasn't been single in ages I for one can honestly say I hate this holiday more than any other holiday. I personally feel it's a monumental waste of time and it stresses me and my significant other out every year. It's not worth it.
    Besides as I sit here and type my cat is eating my lovely bouquet of Tulips--glad he's happy. He'll probably barf on the carpet later.

20. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

Well, I don't want her anymore. I know it'd never happen, and when I spend time away from her, I'm fine, but when I start talking to her, I start to realise what I've lost. And since we won't be going to the same school in a few months, I'm just trying to distance myself. Hope that makes sense.

21. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

At least six+ years for me. :eek: But I think I'm where you are at-- not quite dreading, but definitely not loving it, either.

22. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

23. MultiM macrumors 6502

MultiM

It's not a "Holiday"! It's just a day that Hallmark has taken hold of and had a marketing field day with. Who cares? The wife and I don't bother. We still have to feed the dogs(got a new one) and cats, go to work, the chiropracter etc. Life doesn't change because i didn't spend $100.00 on flowers the cats will eat and candy that will just make us both fatter. i'm just enjoying the fact that this week is half over. :rolleyes:

24. xtopher thread starter macrumors regular

xtopher

i just noticed... singles awareness day is on hump day:rolleyes:

25. dllavaneras macrumors 68000

dllavaneras

I haven't been with a gf on Valentines in... seven years, I think. I thought this time was going to be the end of that, but we broke up last sunday. Oh well, I've still got a million things to do, so like other people have said, it's just Wednesday :)