Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amateurmacfreak

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2005
Happy Saint Pat's Day. w00t! haha
I went to a restaurant. And it was packed. And it smelled like smoke, so I smell like smoke which is gross. And it was too loud. And I wore green but unconciously, and it wasn't obnoxious green. And I tried a sip of beer for the first time ever. :eek: And it was fine.
So, hm.... hope everyone had a good day.

EDIT: And I really, really like/d Google's logo for the day. :) Anyone else feel the same way, haha??

w_parietti22

macrumors 68020
Apr 16, 2005
Seattle, WA
Happy St. Patricks Day from the people at Google! :)

Oh wait, that was in my dreams that I worked for Google. Nevermind that. :p

Attachments

• stpatricks_06.gif
    stpatricks_06.gif
    17.7 KB · Views: 67

amateurmacfreak

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2005
w_parietti22 said:
Happy St. Patricks Day from the people at Google! :)

Oh wait, that was in my dreams that I worked for Google. Nevermind that. :p
My dream is to intern at Google some day, and then maybe work for them....:p But no, it seriously sorta is. :D :eek:

C

CompUser

My principal is for ireland, so he really gets into.

Hee hired a bagpipe player to walk around the school playing the bagpipe before school and into 1st period. Then, after the morning announcment on the intercom, he came on and sang some irish songs. He has probably the worst singing I have ever heard, but it was pretty festive.

Shamus

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2006
amateurmacfreak said:
And I really, really like/d Google's logo for the day. :) Anyone else feel the same way, haha??

Yeah, easily their best logo yet. :)

thedude110

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2005
Chundles said:
To be sure to be sure.

Let those who love us, love us.
And to those who don't love us, may god turn their hearts.
And if he cannot turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles.
So we will know them by their limping.

Paddy's day was yesterday and it would've been awesome, if I were drinking, but I have no money and assignments up the wazoo.

:D

I also stayed sober this St. Patrick's day. Fever, sore throat, congestion -- stupid high school students and their illnesses ....

i.Feature

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 11, 2005
Montreal, Canada
greatdevourer said:
That still doesn't answer my question. I wasn't asking specifically about yesterday, just generally :confused:

You're asking why people are proud of their heritage? People celebrate where they are from because it help them appreciate what they have now and where they may be headed in life. I think non irish people have gotten into the whole irish celebration because the irish love to have a good time and embrace others who join in. Plus its a good excuse for people to play dress up and get drunk. Also traditionally, at least in north america, alot of the major cities had large irish populations who were right in the heart of the working class. They were involved in construction, they were on the police force, they were fire fighters; they were respected because they got deeply involved in the neibourhoods. I think that has also carried over a bit.

Now if you excuse me i need to go have a big greasy breakfast. :D

greatdevourer

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2005
i.Feature said:
You're asking why people are proud of their heritage?
No, it's just that if there's anything Irish, then it's put straight to the front. Even if you've only been to Eire, it's some sort of magical thing. There just seems to be this overwhelming need to be Irish over there, and it baffles me

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.