Happy Thanksgiving!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by mactastic, Nov 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

So what is everyone doing for Thanksgiving this year? (Those that celebrate it.) How far are people traveling to get to their destination?

I'm staying here, cooking a big dinner for my wife and her brother, maybe a few other friends. We're not going anywhere because the quarter ends the week after this one, and we both have big projects/papers due, then finals.:( But as least the food will be great and the wine will be flowing and I won't have to drive anywhere!

So Happy Thanksgiving everyone, stay safe and have fun.

2. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I also wish a very Happy Thanksgiving to everyone on this forum that celebrates the holiday.

Our church sends a short term missions to the Chech. Republic each summer. According to one of the participants, a couple visited from the Chech. Republic last year. They found it to be such an enjoyable holiday, they planned to continue the celebration in their own country. We all have alot for which to be thankful.

My wife & I are going to a friends, which will be a 15 minute drive. The are provivding the turkey. It will be a pot luck meal. We are going to bring the pie. There are 12 expected.

3. KBFinFan macrumors 6502

Happy Thanksgiving as well!

I am going to my grandparents house about 30 minutes away. The day after I will be at KB Toys at 4:30 AM for our opening at 5 (we open earlier than Toys R Us)... this is my fifth holiday season there.. its actually fun and gives me a little extra Christmas money.

Everyone have a great weekend!

4. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

In the USA, Thanksgiving is really two holidays. On Thursday is the Thanksgiving meal, tradionally a turkey dinner with family and close friends.

Then comes Friday, which is the kick-off of the holiday (Christmas and Hanukkah) shopping season. The stores already have their decorations up, and the endless Christmas music is already blaring, but shoppers in large numbers usually start elbowing for bargains, filling up parking lots, and opening their wallets this Friday and the upcoming weekend.

I wonder if online vendors get a spike in sales beginning Friday too?

5. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

I will be basically cooking everything but the turkey like I do every year : That includes all the chopping and the prepwork ;)

6. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I usually have dinner at my mother's, lots of food & dessert. It's almost like National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation actually. :eek: :D ;)

good thing I got wine to hold me over... ;)

7. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

*imagines frank with wine glass in hand, slumped over at table as rest of family yells over the drumstick* ;) :D :D

8. pivo6 macrumors 68000

pivo6

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

Me and my family will be making the 5-6 hour drive to my mom's house in beautiful Des Moines,IA. Hopefully the weather will hold out until then.

9. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

Mmmm, reviving a two-year old thread, my FAVORITE pasttime.

So, what's everyone eating? anyone already planning on baking 3 different pies?

Who's resting up to leave in the early AM for shopping?

:D

Kt: Tofurkey, pumpkin, pecan, and apple. and LEAVING AT 7 AM!

10. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Um, I'm thinking we'll start a new 2005 thread.....

D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.