Hard case/sleeve for iBook?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by 46and2, Aug 21, 2005.

1. 46and2 macrumors newbie

Aug 6, 2005
    I have read the sleeve thread, but there are very few posts mentioning hard cases. I'd like to find a sleeve that has a hard outer shell. When I put my 12" iBook in my bag (seen here, gift from my father), I am afraid it will possibly move around. Any suggestions?
  2. AstrosFan macrumors 6502

Jul 26, 2005
    Reading your post, I don't completely understand why you're looking at hard cases. If you're putting it inside another bag, I think a rugged sleeve should be adequate for protection.
    To that end, I would look at this sleeve from Booq. The Vyper has been well-received (you can search these forums for numerous testimonials). I have a Booq PowerSleeve, which I think is excellent.
    I hope that helps - good luck!
  3. 46and2 thread starter macrumors newbie

Aug 6, 2005
    I just don't want to squeeze the screen into the keyboard while carrying the bag on my side.
  4. faintember macrumors 65816

Jun 6, 2005
    the ruins of the Cherokee nation
    Look into something like this. It protects your screen from the keyboard, and does a great job of keeping your screen clean. It made my 3yr old TiPB screen look new.
  5. AstrosFan macrumors 6502

Jul 26, 2005
    OK, now I understand. Not wanting the screen & keyboard to touch is a separate issue.
    You can do a search on the forums for products like that; when I last looked, the RadTech that faintember suggests was one of the best out there.
    I simply use the foam insert that came with the computer - I feel like it's adequate for not allowing the oils/residue from the keyboard to damage the screen.

Good luck!