Hard Drive Advice

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by wormy, Feb 2, 2003.

1. macrumors member

Dec 5, 2002
    I just ordered a new PM a couple days ago to set up a Final Cut station and will be getting a 2nd hard drive for a scratch. I've decided to get the Western Digital 120gb Caviar SE, the only thing is I can only find the bare drive for sale, no kit. Will I need anything else to set it up in my mac? Brackets, cables, connectors? Any help would REALLY be appreciated!
  2. macrumors 65816

Oct 9, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    the only thing you need is about half an hour when the drive gets to you.

i have a MDD2002 pmac. the cables, screws and brackets are all supplied. read the manual. cosult us (essential) and you will be fine.

good luck.

ps: email me if you want explicit instructions.
  3. macrumors 6502

me hate windows

Jan 18, 2002
    I just got an 80 Gigabyte Western Digital Special Edition with the 8meg cache. It came with a cable and screws. So I just stuck it in my g4. I didnt have to get anything else
  4. thread starter macrumors member

Dec 5, 2002
    Ok thanks! My computer hasnt been shipped yet, so I didnt know if apple supplied the brackets, etc. And according to the websites I'm looking at to buy the hard drive, they're all saying its bare. I'll email you if I need anymore help when I get it. Thanks again.
  5. macrumors 68000

Nov 8, 2002
    Chinatown NYC
    Hey, I just ordered that exact drive from NewEgg! How is it? It seemed a good deal for $110 - 80 GB, 7200 RPM, 8MB cache. It's replacing a 10 GB drive with half the RPM and no cache, so it should be sweeeeeeeet!