Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Reach

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 7, 2006
Norway
After being scared into buying a 32 mb 500 gb disc for my applications by you guys, I just wondered if anyone have any real facts/numbers on real differences between hard drives with different cache sizes?

To me it sounds like a lot of people seeing a double number and assuming it's a "must-have", and they managed to scare me as I said, I just wondered if anyone had any explanation for those of us that know nothing about these things.

Is the 8mb cache drives BAD? What kind of usage benefits the most from larger cache?

Reach

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 7, 2006
Norway
Please try searching the forum before posting a duplicate as this was answered in previous threads.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/419151/

If you open your eyes, you'll see that I was in that thread. And I asked more directly about the difference, instead of whether the Mac Pro supported it, to get some more insightful answers as to what the difference actually is.

So, that being cleared, what the hell is your problem? Too many threads for you too follow? Trying to be an admin? Trying to be an ass? I'm sorry but it1s amongst the most annoying things I encounter, when idiots come and tell me to shut up after I searched without finding an answer, and then posted a thread about it. Look at my history, do I start a lot of nonsense threads?! Man..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.