Hard Drive icon on desktop

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Samelson03, Mar 31, 2007.

1. Samelson03 macrumors 6502

So, i've been looking around through other peoples wallpapers and such and noticed they replaced the Macintosh HD icon on the desktop and used the laptop icon. Like if you have a black macbook it'll show it on your desktop instead of the HD icon. How do I get the white macbook icon instead of the HD icon?

2. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

Find an icon or PNG that you want to use, select it in the Finder and press Command-I (for Show Info). Click once on the icon in the upper left of the info window (it should then have a blue glow around it) and press Command-C to copy.

Now go to your drive, press Command-I, select the icon in the upper left, and press Command-V to paste. Voila.

EDIT: I used this icon set on my MacBook.

3. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

You can find different icons sets at the the Iconfactory and Interfacelift. Once you find an icon you like, you want to select the icon you like, then File > Get Info...select your Hard Drive, the File > Get Info. Click on the new icon in the Get Info box (it will then have a blueish border around it)...then Edit > Copy then select your Hard Drives icon in it's get info window...Edit > Paste.

4. D34NO macrumors newbie

is it possible to change the icon back to the original hard drive, is it on the hard drive somewhere?

5. Nym macrumors 6502a

Nym

If you "Get Info" on the item you want to restore, click on the icon and Cut it I think it reverts to the original.

Hey, it works for me :D