Hard Drive Icon

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by surfer99, Dec 28, 2006.

1. macrumors 6502

Not sure if this is posted in the right forum or not, if its not I will say sorry advanced. I am simply looking for the hard drive icon that comes with mac osx. I changed my icon and I cant seem to find it anywhere and would like to change it back. Can someone post theirs or point me in the right direction to get this icon. Thanks in advanced.

2. macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Try clicking on the hard drive icon on your desktop and press Command-i – when the info window pops up click on the little icon up in the left hand corner and press delete. That should do the trick and revert back to the original default icon.

3. macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Right click on the icon...when the menu comes up....click "get info"...make sure that the HD icon is highlighted and press delete. That will send the icon back to the original.

Bless

4. thread starter macrumors 6502

What I am trying to do is have the white mac book icon as my internal drive icon and my external drive icon be the one that the mac osx automatically puts onto the hard drive. Right now I have both the external and the internal icons as the white macbook icon. So if I delete it then I wont have it as the internal hard drive. So what I really need is a link to a hard drive icon.

5. macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

6. Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

If you pull up the Get Info panel on the external drive and delete the white MacBook icon, it will revert to the standard icon. Your internal will keep the MacBook icon.

7. thread starter macrumors 6502

Got it figured out, once again thanks to all for the quick help. Not sure what I would do without this website.