Hard drive installation help...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by poppe, Jan 17, 2007.

1. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

Ok here is my dilemma... I bought two Seagate 400 GB hard drives about a month ago. Then about a month ago as well I bought the OWC Mercury Elite Pro Dual Drive Raid FW 800.

[​IMG]

The problem is that I thought this would hold two hard drives. I bought this because I posted a thread on here asking what external case would and was told this one would...

Did i seriously buy the wrong drive?...

I tried installing my hard drive but inside the case there were only four slots to screw the hard drives in. Two on the bottom in a line and two on top in a line; meaning only one hard drive could be installed... Is there something I am doing wrong or did i buy the wrong one...

Sucks because I've been out of town for over a month so I can't return it now...

2. blondago macrumors newbie

this may help

i just looked at the OWC site, it looks like all enclosures are for dual drives. Do you have a part number for the enclosure you ordered? At any rate, call owc sales back. Talk to Tony ext. 117. I've been dealing with him for the past couple weeks with my upgrade and he's been great. Maybe a second mounting bracket wasn't included or there is a trick, either way i'm sure if you explained your situation he'd be more than happy to help. All their stuff has at least a 2 year warranty on it. Can i ask for your help now too? I have a g4. I'm looking for an internal usb 2.0/firewire hub to put in my zip drive bay, any ideas? I have 2 threads started but noone is replying, thanks. And let me know how ya make out.

3. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

The page says it takes two drives... do you have a picture of the inside? Maybe the drives go on the outside of the slots (they might be dividers so the drives don't touch)?

4. poppe thread starter macrumors 68020

poppe

Ok thanks for the response! I'll give him a call.
    Hmm it has to be the same size as the zip drive? hmm.. I'll look into some stuff and reply back if i can think of anything... running to class now though. Thank you!

I'll try to get some pictures... I really don't have a digital camera so gonna have to borrow some friends. How would I put the images on here though? Don't I need a site to host them?

5. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

I host mine on photobucket.com for free, or you can scroll down when you go to post, and click "manage attachments" and attach them that way. Unless they're huge files, you should be ok.

6. poppe thread starter macrumors 68020

poppe

Oh cool. Sweet. Ok i'll try to send them tomorrow. Classes from 1 p.m. till 11. pm.