Hard-drive vanished from Windows

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by FatGolfer, Nov 12, 2006.

1. FatGolfer macrumors member

Hello All

I have a mac pro with Bootcamp installed. My system has a second hard-drive split in to two partitions. The first partition is HFS, the other is FAT32 to share files between Windows and OS-X

The second drive has been working fine in both OS's until today. Windows cannot see the second drive at all. I have check in the Disk Manager and Device Manager but only the primary drive is present.

I thought the drive may have developed a fault but when I boot into OS-X the second drive is present, the partitions are correct and all files are fine.

Has anyone had this problem before or have any suggestions for figuring out why Windows cannot see the drive?

Thanks in advance all

2. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

I'll have to check this out, but I wasn't sure that Windows sees the HFS partitions at all, so are you sure the primary drive you are seeing isn't the FAT partition? Do you have other devices mounted? I am wondering if there is a drive letter issue??? Try to change the drive letter to some unused letter of the primary in Disk Management.