Hard Evidence of new Powermacs

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by Mr Jobs, May 10, 2002.

1. Mr Jobs macrumors regular

Look at this article from www.xlr8yourmac.com under the heading “New Apple G4 Tower System $200 to $300 Rebates”

Promotions like these almost always mean end of life for the product and a new update is around the corner. Plus it states the promo will be listed on the apple.com/promo site on the 13th May, could this mead new Power Mac’s as well as racks on may 14th.

i sure hope so......:D

2. Mr Jobs thread starter macrumors regular

oh and one more thing

Plus read the as mentionted in one of the previous posts. http://www.macuser.co.uk/smith/front_flash.php

Is states “…a MacUser source close to Apple has discovered that journalists have been invited to a special Apple announcement in California next week. It seems unlikely that Apple would invite scribes from around the world if they did not have something seriously major to show off.”

Steve jobs already more or less announced the Rack servers so that wont be anything major special on may 14th. But a new Power Mac now that’s major.

I think the rack server is a smoke screen for something more special…other wise Steve would not have mentioned the Rack server at WWDC and take the fire out of a 14th surprise announcement of may 14th cos people already know. And when has Steve ever hinted at a product announcement weeks or days before he’s stage show (tad-dah) unveiling.

Oh and one more thing….Well all I can say is you heard it here first from this Mr Jobs, 4 days before the other Mr Jobs…the new Powermac (G4/G5) everybody tad-dah!!!!

Can anyone prove me wrong.

3. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Re: oh and one more thing

The other Mr. Jobs. ;)

4. Tokyo macrumors member

They could be announcing a new iBook (indications of that coming in the next week or so are much stronger than a new Power Mac), or it could still be the Rack-mounted Servers, which were mentioned but not shown. Jobs might want to make a deal of their unveiling, the press invited so they could get art.

Tokyo

5. nerveosu macrumors member

i just hope it is another G4 power mac

I just hope they release another g4 powermac. I just got a 933. I don't really care if they release another g4.. but i would be pissed if they came out with the g5.

But what are you going to do about it.... right.
    -bill

6. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

welcome Tokyo, are you from Tokyo?:D
    sooory, couldn't help myself. :p

it would have to be something really big to invite that many jurnos, or at least i think so. it could be new PowerMacs or maybe there are going to be some really BIG changes to the iBooks? inside sources have been saying that the new iBooks are definitely coming, but there hasn't been much said about the PowerMacs. or maybe Apple has been REALLY tight on PowerMac info.

7. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

I am beginning to expect new PowerMacs at NY but I am not sure what they will be, updated G4s or G5s?

I am still kind of thinking that Apple will hold off till MacWorld SF. with just new G4s at NY.

Ensign

8. barkmonster macrumors 68020

barkmonster

Maybe they changing from their usual routine

Every year it's macworld events that are used to anounce most of their new products, maybe they're going to start doing it when they're ready, at any time.

It would be great if they did release new powermacs less than 5 months after they brought out the current range, it does make more sense in way.

One new line up in July with releases around august and one in early january means that at present anyone buying a mac between summer and new year only has 4 months or so till the next line up is released, if they brought them out in January and May/June, it would be fairer because all potential customers would have 5 or 6 months between buying a new powermac and a new model coming out.

9. gambit macrumors member

iBooks

iThink a new iBook G4 is going to be released!

10. j763 macrumors 6502a

...And for some arguably harder evidence of the new powermacs, have a look at this thread.

j763