Hard to find DS games...

Discussion in 'Games' started by JDOG_, Jun 13, 2006.

1. JDOG_ macrumors 6502a

JDOG_

So I've been looking for three games in particular:

-Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
    -Advance Wars: Dual Strike
    -ElectroPlankton

They're tough to find in stores nowadays and many online retailers are out of them. Any tips on where to get these new or used with cheap shipping?

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Check EB Games/gamestop.....i just saw those games in there. Have you checked the little pop shops on the streets?

Bless

3. Dandaman macrumors 6502

I think I saw electroplankton at my local blockbuster store. It must have been either there or EB Games. It was used also. You might want to check yours out.

daniel

4. jepjepjep macrumors member

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Castlevania DS isn't in shops anymore. least not in Oldham and Manchester. The online prices have skyrocketed by a whopping £5 too. alas. It's a 2D Castlevania what do you expect?

Advance Wars is in all shops near me.

Electroplankton isn't even out. us poor brits.

6. GroundLoop macrumors 68000

GroundLoop

Has anybody seen a new or used Phoenix Wright:Ace Attorney recently? My finacee would love to have this game.

Thanks,
    Hickman

7. DEXTERITY macrumors 6502a

Electroplankton was only availble online. It was not in U.S stores. If you are in NY I can ask if the worldstore carries it. I'm sure it does.

8. chairguru22 macrumors 6502a

i have castlevania DS and i didnt really like it, willing to trade for another game...

9. Yvan256 macrumors 601

Yvan256

I didn't buy my Electroplankton online. Then again I'm not in the U.S.A.

BTW I want to sell it. I really don't like Electroplankton. There's no "composing/saving" feature, it's more of a Flash-like demo you find on some websites... Interesting and well-done, but... meh. :rolleyes:

10. skipsandwichdx macrumors regular

I found Castlevania at a Gamestop (my third video game store that night) used for $30. Good luck finding it new.

11. JDOG_ thread starter macrumors 6502a

JDOG_

Ouch...$30 for a used game, probably with no manual or box too right? Sounds like Gamestop to me....can't get me to shop there any day of the week.

Speaking of which, the whole reason I started this thread is that it doesn't seem like there's a whole ton of "local" or "mom & pop" game stores online or in the Bay Area. Anybody got some good city/east bay leads? Thx :eek:

12. hellodon macrumors 6502

yeah i heard castlevania was tough to find. ebay always has it and its not overpriced. amazon has used one. and i walked into eb the first time looking for it and picked up a used copy no problem.

such a good game though, why did they discontinue it anyway?