hardcore maclot renounces macs

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Jookbox, Apr 28, 2002.

1. Jookbox macrumors 6502

http://www.mackido.com/

if apple is on its way down, i have no problem using pc's but damn, when the hardcore get disillusioned by apple i have to admit it's kinda depressing.

2. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

i used to hear all the bad dirt about gil amelio but now steve jobs, the bad steve jobs we knew in the 80s with his business snafus, is making amelio look good in some ways

my gripe is with apple's management, not the great product that is a mac

what makido says is true...the pc world has done a lot a catching up and in many cases, times have changed

apple cannot continue to fall behind and expect the same kind of loyalty year after year

3. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I agree completely there...

the products are incredible...cutting edge...beautiful to look at...and everyone is in some way "curious" as to what Apple's all about...

but their downfall is definitely the way things are handled...and I am afraid to see what the future could be like if they didn't get their sh*t together and make something happen...

unfortunately...there is always a point where people will reach before they give up hope on something...it's not here yet...but it could happen...

so come on! let's get on the ball!!! ;) :p

4. iH8Quark macrumors 6502

you know...my special lady friend has a Dell laptop that's three years old. It's not a speed demon these days. But it has this AMAZING, AMAZING itell you, 15" screen. It's so bright and big and contrasty, and the resolution is stunning. Even by today's standards, it's the nicest screen i've ever seen.

Then I look at my TiBook. I love this thing. I get tons of compliments. It's fast, beautiful to look at. But the screen is such a piece of junk in comparison to her 3 year old Dell. I spent $4000 on my TiBook, and can't help but think I got gyped. This has been a constant issue with Apple. The screens on the G3 PowerBooks were completely worthless.

I'm beginning to feel a little used by Steve and Co. Macs are SOOOOO outrageously expensive. They're making a killing packaging old technology in pretty enclosures. I've been needing a new tower for combustion work, but refuse to buy the new G4, because they're crap-in-a-box. Anyone who has ever compared a Mac and an Intel box running Flash (or any kind of multimedia, for that matter) knows what I'm talking about. And that's just the chip...that's only the beginning; old RAM, slow BUS, etc.

And I don't care what anyone says about OS X. It's quite evident that it needs a dual processor to run as it was intended. That's absurd IMHO.

(dons fire retardant suit and waits for flames)

be honest with yourself before you flame me.

5. IndyGopher macrumors 6502a

IndyGopher

I won't flame you for what you said about Apple.. but I can't believe that enlightened people still use that term. Do you also use terms like "Jewing someone down" or "******-rigged"? Or do you just not realize it's a racial slur?
    Oh look.. even vBulletin is guilty of it.. can't use the "N" word, but you can slam all the Romany or Jews you want.

6. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

So if he took his friend's Dell and promised her his TiBook in exchange, but didn't let her have it, does that make him an Indian-giver? :D :p ;) :rolleyes:

7. iH8Quark macrumors 6502

My sincere apologies to any Gypsies who may be using this forum.

FYI it's not a racial slur. There is no racial classification that directly corresponds with Gypsy. Colloquially, it's a socioeconomic grouping.

And, it actually turned out to be a positive thing. I was originally tell you that you're too touchy. But I looked up Gypsy culture and history and learned a thing or two. So, in that regard, thanks for bringing that to my attention.

But I will say that pointing out and repeating other racial slurs probably isn't helping matters.

If anyone is interested:
    Romani (Gypsy) culture

8. Choppaface macrumors 65816

huh i had no idea about the origins of that word. just never seemed to make that connection i guess...

as for mackido, its nice to see that sort of change. "advocating technology at large" is exactly what's going to get our dreams (well, some of our dreams..) to come true

9. sjs macrumors 6502

Some guy gets bored with his website and decides to do something new and folks like jefhatfield and eyelikeart are ready to throw Apple overboard?

Exactly what is it about PCs that have so impressed you? I can think of only one advantage they have: speed (and then not in every situation).

Have they caught up in quality? Design? OS stability? User experience joy? Machine reliability and durability? iApp functionality? Customer service?

Hey, I am NOT saying wintels are terrible...but take away the speed advantage and what is it you are envious of?

10. Catfish_Man macrumors 68030

Catfish_Man

Price (I realize there are plenty of great reasons for this, but Macs are expensive).

11. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

in no way am I prepared to write-off Apple or it's efforts as a maker of the coolest computers in the world...

but I do call it when I see it...and it's no secret that Apple's history is filled with disaster from management...

all I'm saying is Apple is pushing itself ahead in other areas (iTools, iApps, etc...) but they really need to concentrate on how to close the stupid Mhz-gap....they are making a little headway....but there is still so much damned work ahead of them to get to the masses that "Mhz doesn't mean sh*t!!"

hey...this is number 1969...he he he :p