Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

miniamber

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 13, 2009
Ok I been reading all these reviews for the last week and I can't make a decision about what case to buy. I want something that will show the white bezel but cover the back of the ipad and front. The Vaja case is nice but I had one for my iphone and it wasn't as nice for the price. I want a nice leather case but just can't decide. Please help.

TheUndertow

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2011
Ok I been reading all these reviews for the last week and I can't make a decision about what case to buy. I want something that will show the white bezel but cover the back of the ipad and front. The Vaja case is nice but I had one for my iphone and it wasn't as nice for the price. I want a nice leather case but just can't decide. Please help.

Like you said...tons of posts in this thread to help with a decision...not sure what more can be added without knowing which other cases you're considering.

The Vaja cases look real nice but carry a premium.

I looked at them before getting a Ltd Edition DodoCase which has been great (though cloth/book binding and not leather).

Two things that stuck out to me on the Vaja's while following those threads...like most soft leathers, it supposedly picks up wear and tear (lines/marks) quickly and depending on your outlook going in, could be harder to take on such an expensive case.

Also someone said they got hit with international CC exchange fees as I believe the company is based in Brazil.

State Your Case

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2011
Cyber acoustics/Maroo cases (same make with different branding) look to fit your needs although they aren't as slim as the vaja but it looks like that if you wanted to also get a thin skin backing it would still fit in there and you could pop it out of the case when you're just around the house. The thick bumpers probably offer better shock protection than most other cases as well.

jmthigpen

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2011
Charleston, SC
Cyber acoustics/Maroo cases (same make with different branding) look to fit your needs although they aren't as slim as the vaja but it looks like that if you wanted to also get a thin skin backing it would still fit in there and you could pop it out of the case when you're just around the house. The thick bumpers probably offer better shock protection than most other cases as well.

I just got the ROTO II Maroo case and love it.

BlindMellon

macrumors 65816
Apr 4, 2011
I second this. Got one and it's a perfect solution.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.