Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

meagain

macrumors 68030
Nov 18, 2006
Yep - Broke the port on the board for the wire that goes from the back of the display to it. Not the cable, but the port on the board! It's now missing its 2 prongs to plug in to.

I've read of this being damaged before so it seems to be a weak spot. I have taken this apart before with no problems. Damn.

Does anyone know if it's possible to just replace that tiny piece on the board? If I could get the part, perhaps I could find someone skilled enough to solder it to the main board.

Tempted to unplug at least 1 fan.

CPU fan: 4069 rpm
Optical drive fan: 3312 rpm
Har drive: 1115

liveaspankaj

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2015
Hardware Error 4SNS/1/C0000008:TAOP--124 after SSD install

I have the same problem with you....
Finally, how do you resolve this problem?
Thanks for your help!!

I had a similar problem.

TA0P is for

Ambient Temperature Sensor

T = Temperature

A = Ambient Temperature

It is likely that your sensor is dead. OR, if you opened up the computer, you might have connected the connector in the wrong direction. I did not believe that it can be connected wrong way, but it did and I learned the hard way.

And, the names on the the board are not visible when the wire is connected, because it is written below the wire near the connector.

On Mid 2011, 27 inch this two wire connector (Ambient Temperature Sensor) is on the main board on the bottom left side near the fan.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.