Hardware failure - resolved!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by harveypooka, Mar 13, 2006.

1. harveypooka macrumors 65816

Feb 24, 2004
    I bought an iBook and a PPC based iMac last November from two separate stores and both have had hardware failures. The iBook was repaired within a few weeks and all was well. Later, my iMac's FireWire totally went - nothing was recognised at all. After letters and countless calls to Apple I am receiving a new Intel based iMac and a free copy of iWork! Hopefully it'll come with iLife 06 installed too.

This was no easy task - I spoke to about 10 people, most who were unfriendly and unhelpful, but after many "I'm not going to buy a Mac again"'s (which was true) one advisor said he could get me a new Intel mac...and it's going to be delivered in 10 days or so!

Woo hoo!
  2. realityisterror macrumors 65816

Aug 30, 2003
    Snellville, GA
    I've been hoping something similar would happen to my 15" PB. It's the last-gen and I really wish I could switch it with a MBP. Or even more so, a new iMac and some extra $$$...

Pray for my 'book to go south, will ya?
  3. harveypooka thread starter macrumors 65816

Feb 24, 2004
    Haha, I was hoping the iBook might fail again too! But seriously, I had to battle to get it...what a mess. I'm just looking forward to double the performance...although Photoshop is going to suck for a while. And Dreamweaver? Or do they have a universal for that yet...oh well!